Ideas for soft foods / how to make sure you get protein and water

Abby75
on 9/21/14 9:52 am

I am two weeks post op and am staring soft foods tomorrow.  I'm looking for ideas that will help me to not get bored with just eggs and cottage cheese.  Any suggestions?

Also, I am having trouble with my liquids and protein because I always feel full, any suggestions on that would be great too!

I apologize if this has been already addressed but I didn't see a search feature on the site.

Luvmygs
on 9/21/14 3:10 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Have you tried Premier Protein (Costco, chocolate is really good), Syntrax Nectar (comes in different flavors), and Isopure (comes in flavors). Some soft foods: steamed or poached fish, tuna; cream of wheat, unsweetened applesauce, soft cooked yams, lunch meat, sugar free pudding or popsicles. Good luck.

Kate -True Brit
on 9/21/14 8:23 pm - UK

The search icon is the magnifying glass on the blue bar above the threads.  It always makes answering easier if you tell people which surgery you have had. You can do this automatically by putting it in your profile so it shows at the top of each post you make. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

relovlee
on 9/22/14 1:20 pm - VA

I had sugar free applesauce with protein powder, veggie broths, chicken broths, some mashed potatoes with protein (on my low iron and dizzy days) and plenty of protein shakes :) Hope that helps. Oh sugar free pudding also

Sincerely,
Re
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1376 views