8 weeks out and still feel like crap!

Tigerdmw
on 9/22/14 3:29 am

Had the RNY and last week went in for a stricture dilation.  Have to go back again this week for another.  Having issues just feeling like crap.  My Dr's office told me I'd be awesome by 8weeks and I'm SO far from that.  Several others have said it took them 3-4 months to feel better so at least I have hope.  While I keep trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, some days it's just hard.  I just want to feel better!  I'm loosing, 38lbs so far, so that's good, but I have NO energy and I can still only have liquids and very soft foods.  This is my 3rd day since surgery that I have NOT puked everything I put in my mouth.  Massive ulcers from the stricture (caused by my meds sitting in my stomach) so lots of pain and feel like I have a balled up fist under my ribs.  I know my plumbing is all new now and I need time to adjust but come on already!!!!!  

I have a life to live and feel like I'm on hold with horrible music!  Please tell me someone else went through this before it got better?  

Dina

Luvmygs
on 9/22/14 6:22 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Have you tried a drink with some electrolytes, like G2? Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Tigerdmw
on 9/22/14 8:02 am

Yes, G2 is my lifeline!  Drink 2 small bottles a day if at all possible.  I try to make sure I get at least 1 in to keep my electrolytes in check.  

Livingsyngle
on 9/23/14 11:59 pm - Windham, ME

I'm right there with you Dina... had RNY on  7/21 so just over 8 weeks post op for me and I also feel like CRAP... allll the time... even a few sips of water make me nauseous. I've also had 2 strictures.. had dilation on 8/21 and again on 9/11 and low and behold I'm having symptoms of another one.  And like you I'm wondering when it will stop?? The only advice I'm getting also is to "hang in there"... that sometimes people "just have nausea" and that at 3 months that can "magically disappear". In the meantime.. I'm not meeting my fluid OR my protein goals because I'm so sick feeling all the time. Am I losing weight?? Yes!! But do I feel like it's been a healthy process?? Not one bit... and I have a life to live also.. I work FT.. and I live by myself and have a lot of household responsibilities... MAJOR regrets on my end so far!!

I hope your second endoscopy works for you and you start to feel better!! I'd say "hang in there" but I know we're both tired of that horrible "hold music" as we both fight to make it past this "hurdle"!!

dawn4511
on 9/24/14 10:59 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Add me too. I had a revision from rny to sleeve on 8/14 and have felt like crap since. I also have a stricture my first dilation will be on monday.

I'm also tired of the pain, puking and no energy. I have my three yr old all day with me and its so hard.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Most Active