My surgeon holding dinner end of October

glady
on 9/28/14 3:46 pm, edited 9/28/14 5:43 pm

My surgeon and weight loss team hold a dinner once a year for their post ops. This one is coming up at the end of October. By then I'll be 10 months post op and I'm nervouse I wont be on track for then. Im just coming out of a month stall and am 10lbs behind where I want to be. I have always been self concious about not loosing as much weight as other surgery patients.  I try to be logical about it and I know everyone is different but I can't help it. I have kept up with my goal of loosing 10lbs a month average which is comforting except this stall threw me off. I have started to loose again but its not like before. Its a little slower. 

I just wanted to share see if anyone had anything to comment.  I also have to buy a dress or something and thats not gona be fun.

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

abrannume
on 9/28/14 10:02 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Stop comparing yourself to other surgery patients.  Everyone loses weight at different rates and you've already lost 83 lbs (according to your ticker), that in itself is a huge accomplishment.  And trust me, dress shopping will be FUN!!!

Luvmygs
on 9/29/14 4:25 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I agree with the other comment, stop comparing. You've lost a good amount of weight and you're still working it. Go to the dinner with your head up high and be very proud of yourself.

dragonlove
on 9/29/14 9:15 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Yes!  Stop worrying!  There will be people there at all stages - it isn't like they will line up everyone who had surgery and do a reality show vote on who has done the most!  Everyone loses at different rates and it sounds like you are doing great!  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active