hi

dragonmonkey
on 9/29/14 1:51 pm

So, i am 36 yrs old, @ 275 lbs, and now have an umbilical hernia,  which was probably caused by my weight.

I have been on plenty of diets and exercise programs, lost the weight gained it back ( yo yoing ) to finally getting back down to 205 lbs, to sky rocketing to 275.... unbelieveable.  I have even gone as far as trying hypnotherapy, which was working until i stopped the therapy and stopped using the diet suggestions.....

I am seriously considering a lap band, i have a fam member who has had a G bypass which has medically screwed her up with other complications, and reading through some posts, doesn't look like the lap band is any safer, but the thing is at least is able to be removed if needed ....  Reading everything... i doubt i will even try surgery, for one i cant afford it so it would have to be out of pocket....  I think i would have an easier time exercising if i wasnt so heavy to begin with... 

I didnt use to be this big, when i got out of basic training at around 18 yrs old i came out at 165 lbs, and i mean i was way skinny, probably too skinny... i was still looking good at 190 lbs too,  but life goes on, depression kicks in, which is the real problem depression if i was happier and more motivated id have a better chance with dieting and exercising. 

k bye.

Tracy D.
on 9/30/14 5:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You should also research the the VSG (sleeve) and DS (duodenal switch).  Also, if you're self-pay you pay want to look into surgery in Mexico.  There are several reputable surgeons down there that people on these boards have used.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

purplecow
on 9/30/14 8:18 am

I agree Tracy :) I have personal friends that went to Mexico b/c they didn't have bariatric coverage and they are doing wonderful

Chilipepper
on 10/1/14 12:28 am

Instead of heading to Mexico you should head to the VA. Are you using them for your medical treatment? 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active