still doubtful

Bansheefaerie
on 9/30/14 8:59 am
RNY on 09/25/14

I had my RNY on 9/23. I've lost 30 lbs since 8/04. I don't feel smaller. I'm also still in doubt that this is going to work. I see all these amazing before and after pictures, but I still can't imagine it working for me. I'm following instructions carefully. I think my doubt stems from nothing working in the past. 

HW 298.6 - Consultation weight 289.6 - SW 267.6 - CW 239.4  

~ Laura

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/30/14 9:13 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You had your surgery a week ago, and you think it's going to fail?  How quickly did you expect to lose weight?

From your comments, I would recommend that you consider therapy to help you manage your expectations and deal with whatever issues you have that caused you to fail in the past.  It could be that you're suffering from depression after major surgery, but you should deal with your issues now rather than later.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

mellabella115
on 9/30/14 9:14 am - North York, Canada

I hear ya...i feel for he same way though i haven't had my surgery yet im scheduled for October 9th but im on the 3 week liquid/optifast diet and ive only lost 7 lbs then gained 1 or 2 ..ugh so frustrating just hope the surgery works for me like see on other people

QoftheU
on 9/30/14 10:39 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

If you work your plan you'll succeed.  It's simple.  There's pretty much NO WAY you'll fail to lose the weight if you follow the cardinal rules.  I had the same fears from all my diet failures.  You can absolutely do this.

Keeping it off is the bugger (as always right?).  BUT, with this tool, and a serious commitment you can do it.  Try to think about the positives.  You've done GREAT so far.  And trust me - you WILL feel smaller!  As the saying goes, we got WLS not brain surgery!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

NikkyBeauty
on 9/30/14 1:56 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I'm still pre op but your only 5days out! Honey!! I've got a WHOLE lot more weight to lose than you and I'm not expecting to see or feel any results for at least a few months! Maybe your expectations weren't realistic? Or girl throw that darn scale away!! I'm 100% positive that your going to lose major pounds so don't worry, I'm sure you will start seeing results quicker than you think! Just stick to the plan!!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Bansheefaerie
on 9/30/14 3:10 pm
RNY on 09/25/14

I'm not depressed and I want expecting to have lost any weight yet. It's more of "Wow, can this really work?" "Am I dreaming? " "Did I finally get what I set out for in 2008?" That kind of thing. Know what in mean? It's like I'm in shock. 

I plan on following the plan and sticking to it. I've seen it work for other people. So logically I know it will work, but emotionally I'm just... In shock.

HW 298.6 - Consultation weight 289.6 - SW 267.6 - CW 239.4  

~ Laura

Sam_shrinking333
on 9/30/14 4:04 pm

I'm right there with you. I feel the same way!

TheNewT
on 9/30/14 10:19 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

I remember feeling that way when I was early out. Heck, I can still feel that way and this is my week 9. But the feeling isn't so strong and it is met with feelings of, "I AM doing this"! I had to remind myself that I didn't put on 100+ pounds in 3 weeks so I can't expect it to fall off in 3 weeks. Just be patient, follow your plan and in a month or two you will forget these feelings of doubt.

dccyr
on 10/1/14 3:48 am

Yup, it works, enjoy the ride and try not to overthink it.  Just work the program.  I'm down almost 90 lbs since Feb. 2014. 

Frankie82
on 9/30/14 6:25 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

I can totally relate to the disbelief that this will work. Previous to RNY, I had a nutritionist, 2 personal trainers, have done Weigh****chers so many times I’ve lost track (but can still tell you the point value of most foods), Atkins, South Beach, Joshi, NutriSystem…The list goes on, and on, and on! I am 8 weeks out and had a stall from weeks 4-7 and the old mindset came back in. I did find myself thinking that I went through surgery for nothing and this wasn’t going to work either. It does. If you follow the plan, biologically speaking, you can’t fail.
Wrapping your head around what size you are is the tricky part. I take weekly photos so I can look back and see something tangible. A friend cropped my photos so I can see my original (start of liquid diet) to my most recent one in the same photo and it’s pretty amazing, but I still don’t see it when I look in the mirror. Take your measurements; it calmed me down a lot during my stall to say to myself “I may not have lost weight, but I lost X inches from…”

Most Active