How often to weigh your self???

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/14 5:35 pm - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey guys how often do you guys normally weigh your self?  I feel this compulsion to do it every day and if I dont its on my mind all day. Im thinking about moving the scale into the basment so I only do it every week I just wake up and thats the first thing I do.  Thanx!

poet_kelly
on 10/13/14 6:47 am - OH

Only when I go to the doctor.  Which usually ends up being every three or four months or so, depending if I get sick, how often I see my rheumatologist, when I see my PCP for annual labs, etc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/13/14 6:56 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I think every person is different on this matter.  For me, I became obese by being an ostrich and ignoring the scale.  I never weighed myself.  Now I weigh myself everyday, once a day, first thing in the morning.  I don't, however, obsess if I don't lose everyday.  I accept minor fluctuations and don't stress about it.  I think for others with a different mindset, it's better to weigh once a week or so.  To each person what works!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Dejah H.
on 10/13/14 6:58 am - Central, TX

I weigh everyday. It helps me to see the natural fluctuation of my weight, and how what I eat affects my weight (ie, if I have a lot of sodium, I usually gain the next day due to water retention). 

It works for me, but you have to do what works best for you. :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Lisarn1
on 10/19/14 9:16 pm - Raleigh, NC
On October 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM Pacific Time, Dejah H. wrote:

I weigh everyday. It helps me to see the natural fluctuation of my weight, and how what I eat affects my weight (ie, if I have a lot of sodium, I usually gain the next day due to water retention). 

It works for me, but you have to do what works best for you. :)

What she said...

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Gwen M.
on 10/13/14 8:04 am, edited 10/13/14 8:05 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I use Trendweight.com and weigh myself every day.  I have no issues with day to day fluctuations because Trendweight lets me focus on the trend of my weight instead.  This works really, really well for me.  

(And aside from one unusual cir****tance, when I'm out of town and can't weigh myself, it doesn't stress me out.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/13/14 8:46 am

Daily; however, I don't get bothered by fluctuations. They are normal. I have my range, and if I see the upper end of that range on the scale two days in a row, I take corrective action. I got hugely fat by hiding from the scale.

If the scale controls your mood, don't weigh as often.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

tstowe
on 10/13/14 10:41 am

I know I shouldn't but I weigh when I get up and right before I go to bed. I don't get too bothered by daily fluctuations but not knowing would bother me more.

InTransition
on 10/13/14 11:11 am
RNY on 09/08/14

My husband threatened to hide the scale because I step on every time i walk by.  I would get down when i go a few days without going down,, or go up.  He is right.  I obsess. 

MsBatt
on 10/13/14 11:16 am

I NEVER weigh myself. However, my PCP weighs me every three months or so.This was also the way I did things when I was in the losing phase, and I never, ever, suffered a stall. (*grin*)

Most Active