Questions to ask my surgon

tinkerbell140685
on 10/22/14 12:58 am

I am meeting my surgon tommorow and although I know what i want to say to him or her i am worried i may forget the important stuff has anyone got information on what are the best questions to ask. 

Jill724
on 10/22/14 2:53 am
RNY on 07/24/14

I would write all your questions down, this way you won't forget. I had done soooo much research that I only had a few important questions. When you leave make sure you have your questions answered and remember no question is dumb! Good Luck to you!!

Member Services
on 10/22/14 4:20 am - Irvine, CA

Hi 

We have a stick post addressing this very issue. Here is a link to some suggestions for questions. And yes, write them down 

List of Questions for a Bariatric Surgeon:  
http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/questionstoaskyoursurgeon .html

tinkerbell140685
on 10/23/14 8:29 pm

Hi thank so much for your link its really helpfull and had some questions i would never of thought of asking  

swimbikerun
on 10/22/14 5:52 am

I have quite a few, but the first would be: what are your 5 worst or tough cases and can I talk with them? If all they have is weight regain, then I question that. I had an eye doc who gave me his worst case that went into a lawsuit. He had been hit only once. I investigated the case. The guy told the truth the whole way. The fact that he was that honest, really made me think how he is going to do me when there is a problem.

I've never gone to any other doctor. Bottom line, you want to see how well they can deal with problems. Any one can do easy stuff: its when they're in ho****er, how they act, that is going to tell you something.

Also, find out are they paternalistic or not.

What is their issues on aftercare?

Do they have side businesses such as supplements and vitamins?

For starters.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Most Active