Prendisone for 10 days....

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 9:02 pm - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey guys I have chronic sinus intfections so the doc is trying one last effort b4 surg.  I have to take prendisone for 10 days and I'm scared I'm scared I'm going to gain weight.  Any one have experience with this?   I've read mixed things about how it affects you.  Thanx....Oh and also I've been struggling with my diet the last 4 days....Really just doing und mindful eating with bread and stupid stuff

Lisarn1
on 10/20/14 9:21 pm - Raleigh, NC

The Prednisone dosage in a taper is fairly low, and you shouldn't be on it long enough to affect you. With that said, however, you may find yourself wired, and wanting to eat. My suggestion is for you to plan ahead, and make sensible choices. I'm sure that you'll do fine.

Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

poet_kelly
on 10/21/14 12:08 am - OH

Well, I'd say the unmindful eating with bread and stupid stuff is much more likely to cause weight gain than the prednisone.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chris_ruff
on 10/21/14 12:30 am, edited 10/21/14 12:30 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

prednisone sucks---i hate the way it makes me feel, but it works. it won't cause weight gain. 

ETA: to clarify, it won't cause weight gain in the limited dosage and time that you're being prescribed. i think weight gain is associated with long term use at higher dosages.

--Christina
White Dove
on 10/21/14 4:20 am - Warren, OH

Long term predisone will cause weight gain, but 10 days will not.  My doctor prescribes it for me for pain or sinus and it has never caused any weight problems for me..

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/21/14 5:22 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

The prednisone will not cause permanent weight gain, but mindLESS eating of bread and stupid stuff will.  Your fears are misdirected.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Hislady
on 10/21/14 7:35 am - Vancouver, WA

Short term prednisone use shouldn't cause much if any weight gain, just be prepared with healthy foods. You will have trouble sleeping tho, that is worse to me. Don't use it as an excuse to eat badly!

Most Active