Liquid Diet - what to mix with unflavored protein powder

Maureen H.
on 10/22/14 12:44 am
VSG on 10/30/14

My Sugery is scheduled for next week on 10/30/14. I just started my liquid diet today. My doctor said that I need to stay at 800 calories per day with the liquids. Any recommendations on what to mix with Unjury brand "unflavored" protein powder that is low in calories? Has anyone tried Gatorade G2? That's the low calorie Gatorade that has less sugar. Any other suggestions on what to mix it with? 

zballard
on 10/22/14 1:05 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

Congrats on surgery date. I mixed Unjury with broth, crystal light it has no flavor and can mix with anything. Jus****ch the temp with the broth. 

5ft HW 244 SW      

Poodlemac
on 10/22/14 1:09 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Try mixing with clear broths to give them more substance, make them more satisfying. I didn't have any luck getting the powder to dissolve so I gave up and took it back!  I had the gnc unflavored protein. Maybe the unjury mixes better. I think the G2 had too many carbs if I remember correctly. I know I looked at it but didn't buy it. Maybe try it with Crystal Light, which is a life saver to me post surg as I can't stand the taste of water. Go figure!

Luvmygs
on 10/22/14 1:20 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Isopure unflavored protein powder mixes really well. I found it on amazon or you can purchase at any GNC store.

HLen
on 10/22/14 4:52 am
RNY on 07/11/14

I mixed it with broth.  I would use beef bullion cubes to make the broth and add the protein mix and heat.. Not too hot.  

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Poodlemac
on 10/22/14 5:52 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I don't think you're supposed to heat the protein powder. :-/

HLen
on 10/22/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

My protein states do not hear above 140 degrees.  So I always used a food thermometer to check it and didn't overheat. :-)

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

saterry
on 10/22/14 9:45 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

SF jello ! Add water and mix. It won't set up but all the flavor variety helps.

Ice tea flavored and regular, Crystal light has so many flavors and comes in individual servings for on the go.

I mix a bottle of water with the protein and flavorings all day and take it everywhere I go !

Pineapple Mango tea is my fav !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Eggface
on 10/22/14 9:19 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Water, milk/water combo, I'd add SF Torani & ice to change up the flavors. Unflavored protein definitely has a "flavor" I prefer vanilla or chocolate personally.

Celebrate Vitamins makes a Chicken and Tomato Soup protein. Unjury makes Chicken I believe.

You can cook protein... the loss of amino acids is slight (raw su****o cooked fish, same protein grams listed... raw egg to cooked egg, etc.) 

It changes texture at about 140 degrees so thickens (think scrambled eggs)

So you always want to mix in cold and bring the temp up slowly.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/14 7:25 pm - warren, MI

silk dark chocolate almond milk =)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1458 views