Upset w/my pcp regarding letter of necessity HELP!!!!! Shabani Institute

rcgarcia80
on 10/22/14 11:57 am - largo, FL

Im planning to go to Ocala for my surgery Shabani Institute (if it happens) We all know we need a letter of necessity which my pcp did on a prescription pad, but from what I was told from Shabani Institute it needed to be typed on a head liner. Now my pcp wont do it he says it should work w/medicaid. Will it??? Ill be omy to Ocala 2mrw. I hope they approve me!

poet_kelly
on 10/22/14 12:04 pm - OH

*****quires the letter of necessity?  I did not have to have one.  Is it the Shabani Institute that requires it?  Or is it Medicaid?  Ask whomever requires it exactly what is needed.  Get it in writing from them if possible.  Then take that to your PCP.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rcgarcia80
on 10/22/14 12:12 pm - largo, FL

Medicaid I believe. I tried to explain to my pcp and to the top ppl of the company that allll I need is a typed letter of necessity  so that medicaid could approve it, they looked at me as if I was crazy :( and gave me the run around. I dont understand why medicaid wont accpet the L of N on the prescription pad its the same. We will see 2mrw Wish me luck!

poet_kelly
on 10/22/14 12:13 pm - OH

Do you know that Medicaid won't accept it on a prescription pad?  Why not call them in the morning and ask exactly what they require?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rcgarcia80
on 10/22/14 12:14 pm - largo, FL

I did not know that...Its no wonder that the receptionist was pushing me to get that letter...ughhhh My pcp wont do it. He sucks! Im sooooo sad

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/22/14 12:36 pm - OH

I think you misread Kelly's response. She didn't say that Medicaid wouldn't take it on the prescription pad... she asked if YOU knew whether they would or wouldn't (and suggested that you call them yourself in the morning and ASK rather than relying on what someone else is telling you).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

rcgarcia80
on 10/22/14 12:42 pm - largo, FL

lol thx Lora. I will call Shabani Institute 2mrw and ask them. Its a 2 hr ride from where Im at so I rather call them since they deal w/medicaid! thx again Ill let u all know what happens as soon as I come back!

poet_kelly
on 10/24/14 7:31 am - OH

But Medicaid is the place that can tell you for sure what Medicaid requires.

Valerie G.
on 10/22/14 12:38 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I got the same thing and it went through with UHC just fine.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rcgarcia80
on 10/22/14 12:45 pm - largo, FL

COOL!!!! Thx Valerie  I hope it works for me too!

Most Active