13 days post surgery

Bellalexis
on 10/22/14 1:44 pm

had my first post op visit today, I'm down 28 pounds since this process started. I wasn't sure how I was doing, seems others lose it a lot faster.  He said everyone is different and I'm doing great. Made me feel better.  I have to make an effort to not get on the scale every single day, maybe every two or three. If the pounds aren't coming off, it's a little discouraging, but, I've realized, thanks Doc, we all change differently. And, I was cleared to go back on the elliptical, which I love! I'll be there in the morning! 

Stay Positive

Bellalexis
on 10/22/14 1:44 pm

had my first post op visit today, I'm down 28 pounds since this process started. I wasn't sure how I was doing, seems others lose it a lot faster.  He said everyone is different and I'm doing great. Made me feel better.  I have to make an effort to not get on the scale every single day, maybe every two or three. If the pounds aren't coming off, it's a little discouraging, but, I've realized, thanks Doc, we all change differently. And, I was cleared to go back on the elliptical, which I love! I'll be there in the morning! 

Stay Positive

Kate -True Brit
on 10/22/14 6:46 pm - UK
On October 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Pacific Time, Bellalexis wrote:

It helps people reply if you tell us which surgery you have had. And is that weight loss since surgery? Since a two week pre-op diet?

if it has taken you more than three months to lose 28lbs, you are losing slowly but steadily.

two months is 14llbs a month which is excellent, faster than many.

if it has taken you a 2 week pre-op diet + 13 days post-surgery, you have lost about a pound a day. Which is an enormous amount.

Dont compare yourself to others. Don't get hung up on numbers. And if numbers worry you, stay away from the scales.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bellalexis
on 10/22/14 10:28 pm

You're correct. Should've been more specific. I had the sleeve on 10/9/14, and this is the 2 week pre op diet and 13 days post surgery.  

Stay Positive

Bellalexis
on 10/22/14 10:28 pm

You're correct. Should've been more specific. I had the sleeve on 10/9/14, and this is the 2 week pre op diet and 13 days post surgery.  

Stay Positive

Kate -True Brit
on 10/22/14 10:51 pm - UK

So a pound a day! How much did you expect to lose? That is a really good loss! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bellalexis
on 10/26/14 6:02 am

Thank you. The problem is that I'm comparing to everyone else. I don't know if they were exaggerating or not, but I was made to think it wasn't well.  I appreciate everyone that commented. I appreciate the "atta boy", we all need positive encouragement! I'm learning to not compare myself to others who had the surgery, we're all different. 

Stay Positive

Bellalexis
on 10/26/14 6:02 am

Thank you. The problem is that I'm comparing to everyone else. I don't know if they were exaggerating or not, but I was made to think it wasn't well.  I appreciate everyone that commented. I appreciate the "atta boy", we all need positive encouragement! I'm learning to not compare myself to others who had the surgery, we're all different. 

Stay Positive

karishka
on 10/25/14 8:28 am
  1. I had the surgery the same day as you!   I didn't do a pre op diet because I'm a lightweight and my surgery was canceled and rescheduled very last minute.   I have lost 16 pounds.   All of that was lost in the first 8 days and I've lost nothing since. .   It sounds like you are doing awesome! 
Luvmygs
on 10/23/14 1:00 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Most Active