Help me Panniculectomy recovery

redheadeddevil
on 10/24/14 10:56 am
  • I bariatric surgery 9/7/12 ..MY HIGHEST Weight was 300(I had severe Venous Statis with my left leg swollen to 23" and right was 20".I was supposed to have the surgery Nero before on 9/2011 but my thyroid was so bad that they would not put me to sleep (anesthesia) my thyroid was 103.50 in the under active (normal thyroid is 4.50)I was on 300 µg of lethothyroxin and it took one year to correct it.i had then went down to 275  Pnds.When I got off the bypass I lost weight very fast by Spring I was 134 pnds!i have a problem with eating (I only ear light yogurt you &smoothies(I don't eat meat (im now at 152(with 6 pounds of skin removed 10/22/14.so now I guess I'm 146 now!can anyone help me with Panniculectomy recovery.Id truely be very appreciative ! I'd be grateful for any advice.thank you.i also wasn't heavy until I got on methadone on 12/11/01 i began.did anyone else have an experience with gaining weight from methadone?it's very common with a lot of women on the clinic.and I also quit smoking in 05(that adds extra weight that I did not need!anyone has any information or can share with me any experience I would be very grateful.thank you so much !
Member Services
on 10/25/14 2:39 am - Irvine, CA

Hi redheadeddevil,

If you have not done so please post this on the Plastic Surgery Forum for more responses.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/25/14 7:39 am - OH

I don't really understand what kind of recovery help you're asking for. Since there's no muscle cutting involved, usually the recovery from a panniculectomy is very simple other than perhaps a bit of swelling.

if you can be more specific about what you're looking for, we can be of more help.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 10/26/14 3:49 am
On October 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM Pacific Time, redheadeddevil wrote:
  • I bariatric surgery 9/7/12 ..MY HIGHEST Weight was 300(I had severe Venous Statis with my left leg swollen to 23" and right was 20".I was supposed to have the surgery Nero before on 9/2011 but my thyroid was so bad that they would not put me to sleep (anesthesia) my thyroid was 103.50 in the under active (normal thyroid is 4.50)I was on 300 µg of lethothyroxin and it took one year to correct it.i had then went down to 275  Pnds.When I got off the bypass I lost weight very fast by Spring I was 134 pnds!i have a problem with eating (I only ear light yogurt you &smoothies(I don't eat meat (im now at 152(with 6 pounds of skin removed 10/22/14.so now I guess I'm 146 now!can anyone help me with Panniculectomy recovery.Id truely be very appreciative ! I'd be grateful for any advice.thank you.i also wasn't heavy until I got on methadone on 12/11/01 i began.did anyone else have an experience with gaining weight from methadone?it's very common with a lot of women on the clinic.and I also quit smoking in 05(that adds extra weight that I did not need!anyone has any information or can share with me any experience I would be very grateful.thank you so much !

I am also confused about what you are asking. 

With plastics, just because the remove 6 pounds of skin, that does not necessarily mean it will be reflected on the scale, just FYI.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1439 views