Liquid Diet Pre-Op Day 2 of 7 - when does it get easier?

Maureen H.
on 10/23/14 8:04 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I am on day two of my seven day pre-op liquid diet. My Sugery is scheduled on 10/30/14 at 9:30am. When do you hit the "hump".... The point where you aren't feeling like you want to eat everything in the refrigerator? 

jacquis_1966
on 10/23/14 11:40 am

I'm on a two week pre-op that allows two cups of veggies a day as well. My first post here was frustration with the pre-op and feeling overwhelmed. That was day four for me. 

Keep at it.....it does get better. And if you're allowed the veggies like I am, try to make them interesting. It's helped me so very much to do that.

Maureen H.
on 10/23/14 12:02 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

I am not allowed veggies. I wish I was. Clear liquids only, and I can mix protein shakes with skim milk. Hopefully tomorrow is better. 

Poodlemac
on 10/23/14 2:40 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Day four was the turning point for me. I think your body/mind just says, "well, this is as good as it's going to get, so who cares about food?!"  Good luck!  And brace yourself, remember it's more of the same after surgery!  Blech!!

Bubbles314
on 10/23/14 2:57 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

For the first 4 days I had the worst head ache.  I was already off caffeine so it wasn't that.  Day 5 I felt almost normal again, other than being on an all liquid diet and looking at a total of 3 weeks pre op to go and after surgery another 2 weeks according to the Dr plan.  It was harder than the surgery itself in my opinion.  But I was willing to do anything to help my surgery go easier and shrinking my liver helps the Dr said.  In the grand scheme of things the liquid diet isn't that long and you always have it in your head that you want to eat.  You just don't.

Good luck you can do this.

LISER617
on 10/24/14 4:32 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

probably around day 3 or 4... it will get easier everyday so congrats on making it through the two hardest days ;)

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Maureen H.
on 10/24/14 6:23 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I feel a little better today - day 3... But I did have a low blood sugar incident and took a pinch of sugar and dropped it on my tongue. I feel a bit cranky today, but the hunger has for the most part, subsided. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. Only 5 more days to go. Surgery on 10/30/14! 

Carolyn W.
on 10/24/14 6:27 am

Going to be 100% honest here. I never hit the hump. I was starving until the day of my surgery. I wanted to eat everything I saw and I was miserable and so sick. After surgery, totally different story. Now I'm not really ever hungry. Best of luck!

Most Active