Well it finally happened

DelilahJO
on 10/24/14 11:35 pm

So I am about 6 mo post sleeve. And to the point i don't care much what people think about my weight loss although many don't know I had the surgery. We take our children to a halloween fair lastnight, as we do each year. A lot of my husbands family members run the games etc. I've not seen his grandfather or her gf in quite awhile. So we go to their station and she says "omg r u ok?" I go ya? She's like i didn't even recognize you. I said ya been working hard. As the night went on she asked me about 5 more xs if I was sick, am i sure, you know the family is here for me, etc. my surgeon had told me some ppl may think ur sick or something is wrong etc haha but no one had said that to me yet. I just assured her i am fine and feeling well. Have others ran into this as well? 

tstowe
on 10/25/14 12:31 am

I managed to lose weight once before in my life with the help of diet pills. I went from 355 to 215 in eight months... Of course I gained it back because when I came off the meds my appetite came back and I slipped into bad habits. (Lesson learned)

Many people asked if I was OK. It's just natural to wonder when you see someone lose weight REAL fast. I never thought they were being mean or nosy...just concerned.

JAMStribe
on 10/25/14 3:35 am

yep I had the same thing. 

Are you ok, are you sick?  I smiled and said Yes, I am good. Just doing what I should be doing.

Eating right and exercising.  My family knows about my surgery but I don't feel obligated to tell the free world. 

Just my thing..    

Jen Lyn
on 10/25/14 11:16 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

OMG Do you have cancer? Seriously, do you?

Only one man asked me point blank.  I have been open about the surgery though.

MyLady Heidi
on 10/26/14 1:05 am

No never.  Everyone knew I had surgery.  I got compliments never insults.  Most people look thinner and pale, makeup helps to look healthier.

Bella_Fein
on 10/26/14 1:21 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Everyone knew I had surgery so I guess that may be why I never got this question. I do have friends who had surgery without telling everyone and they have had this happen to them. It wasn't always a question though some have flat out said "you look sick". I have seen these people, if by sick they mean fantastic then I would agree. People don't handle drastic change well and when you go from really big to really little, people can't seem to comprehend how you did it. Sometimes it is spite and jealousy as well.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

NYMom222
on 10/26/14 2:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Although I told many people about my surgery I couldn't tell everyone. I do tutoring weekly, and I had one of my parents from last year say to me this week, 'Are you losing weight?' I answered yes, which she then added ' Oh you can tell, are you trying to lose weight?' So thought that was an odd response.... kind of on the are you sick and losing weigh theme, but not so obvious...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active