Not complaining but......

Willie H.
on 10/31/14 12:31 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Had surgery 8/26/14 - have lost 47 lbs so far but very frustrating being stuck at 286 lbs now for almost 3 weeks. I know, I have to show patience and keep working the program of which I am. I eat about 800-1100 calories a day and I exercise each day burning about 400-600 calories-both cardio and strength training. My insecurities from over the years makes me feel that this will not work for me and I will never lose the weight but remain where I am. It's just strange that we can eat so little calories and exercise so hard yet NO weight comes off. Yet, I guess from reading about others on this forum they too have been through this and eventually lost the weight. I guess, after years of failure we feel we are the unique one for whom this procedure will not work. I'll just keep on keeping on. I mean 47 lbs in 8&1/2 weeks is actually nothing to sneeze at, average over 5.5 lbs a week! But I guess most of it were during the first 4 weeks. Anyway, I feel good and I feel healthy so regardless I am enjoying my new healthy lifetsyle.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Chilipepper
on 10/31/14 12:59 am

When I had my GB years ago. At first I lost almost daily. Then it was one week a month. I would freak out for 3 weeks and drop a ton on the 4th week. Keep doing what you are doing and relax. The lighter you get your body is going to need to adjust and catch up. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Willie H.
on 10/31/14 1:17 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thanks. Although on some level I think we know that, we newer ones still need to hear it from those with experience. After years of trying to lose, succeeding temporarily many times-only to fail and regain, I guess we are just conditioned to think it's all just another "good old try!" with the same results. I think the key is as you said to just "relax". As in the movie Field of Dreams, it was repeatly said "..build and they will come..". Likewise, although I believe that if we continue doing what we should do doing. the "lbs WILL come off", I do have some doubts-even if not warranted-based on the past. So having the assurance and encouragement from others who have been through this really inspires one to keep putting in the work. I mean really the key is to be healthy-physically and emotionally and weight loss is a great benefit and byproduct of that. Hey, I admit I am whacked. I'm needy, insecured, even cynical at times. Just gotta develop a new attitude toward this. Anyway Thanks. I'm sure in about 3 or 4 weeks I'll be on again bemoaning the slow weight loss or some other issue. In any case, thanks to all for being there!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Chilipepper
on 10/31/14 1:39 am

Anytime you all need encouragement we are here for support!  We all know what you are going through. This is a lifestyle change, but your body is still healing. Keep up your fluids. That is how you get rid of the fat.  

Congratulations and Relax.  It is amazing to see how your body can change when for years we all thought we were destined to be trapped in it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/14 3:14 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

very well said this what i needed to hear today

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/31/14 1:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I have the same pattern.   A couple of weeks with little or no weight loss, then BOOM, the scale goes down.  Even when the numbers don't cooperate,  I see and feel a difference in my clothes. 

I just remind myself that i didn't gain all the weight in a day/week/month/year, so it won't come off overnight. Long term is what I try to focus on.  Otherwise I'd stress myself out and find reasons to justify eating things I shouldn't. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

NYMom222
on 10/31/14 1:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I felt the same way, I was the one it wasn't going to work on. My doc kept saying 'I am not worried' I had a 3 1/2 week stall in the first month and a two week stall in Month 3. Some people just lose differently. Keep doing the right thing. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Gwen M.
on 10/31/14 3:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Stalls suck :P  I feel like I've been in one for all of October!  But.. it's all good.  I'm creeping slowly toward my goal and I know I'll get there eventually.  It's definitely not a race :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

swimbikerun
on 11/2/14 1:26 am

Congratulations on the weight loss you've gotten. Maybe you are losing inches? Things are reshaping?   :)    Please dont let a small bump in the road keep you from succeeding.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Kimber_CH
on 11/2/14 2:32 am - Switzerland
RNY on 08/27/14

I had my surgery a day after you and I am down 44.5. I am also at a stall for the past week. yes it is frustrating and sometimes hard to get your head around. It is so easy to feel and think that it won't work. hang in there trust the process and wait it out. This is my second stall and I am sure it won't be the last.

cheers Kimberly