Magnesium Citrate, how bad is it really?

Tiff2402
on 11/22/14 9:43 am

Im having surgery on Wednesday and on Tuesday I have to clean my system out with magnesium citrate, however I also have parent teacher conferences on Tuesday as well. How bad is it? I need 40 mins to go the conference.

hollykim
on 11/22/14 10:13 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

it is not the worst thing in the world,but not fun either, definately don't start it till after the meeting.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/22/14 10:37 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I bought grape which to me was easier to get down than the cherry or lemon. I left it in the fridge overnight.. then stuck a straw in the bottle and kept going till it was all gone lol

kathkeb
on 11/22/14 12:30 pm

I would start eating light NOW .. Soups, yogurt, etc.   less to clean out by Tuesday evening.

Kath

MickeyDee
on 11/22/14 1:45 pm

I used the lemony flavored one, washed it down with a 7 Up.  Didn't use it until about 7 PM, was through with the MagCit Quickstep before midnight.

It really took my mind off not eating!

Poodlemac
on 11/22/14 4:24 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Get the unflavored if they have it. The lemon TORE ME UP!!  The burn from the lemon was worse than the actual " desired effect"!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 4:18 am - OH

I would take it after the conference if at all possible.  If it isn't possible to wait, then just be sure you visit the bathroom right before the conference.

Some people are more sensitive to it than others, so there is no way to tell you how "bad" it will be for you. Some people her major diarrhea with it, but others (like me) don't.  Some people also find that it starts acting more quickly than others (I didn't have to go until many hours after I took it... it was so long, in fact, that I was starting to wonder if it was going to do anything!), so we cannot even tell you what the timing will be.

The worst case is that you have to excuse yourself from the conference, which, in the scheme of things, isn't  a big deal.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Hislady
on 11/23/14 9:04 am - Vancouver, WA

I definately wouldn't go to any meeting unless it is in the morning, I spent most of my time just sitting on the toilet and never trust a fart!I agree with KathKeb if you start now eating light it will help. I didn't and that's probably why mine was so bad but you just never know!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1366 views