Celebrate vitamins

Deana_
on 11/23/14 9:15 am

Does anyone use the celebrate vitamins products. Any suggestions?

also does anyone have ideas for serving size cups and other items they have used in this process? My family is asking what they can purchase me that will assist me in my success. 

What  protein did everyone use for their liquid diet?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/23/14 9:17 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I answered this on your other post.

I preferred Synthrax nectar proteins -- 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

thm1212
on 11/23/14 9:46 am

I will be using doTerra AtoZ chewable vitamins and I just order these measuring cups from Amazon:  http://www.silcook.com/product-info.html  I like that they are collapsible so I can easily take them with me (even eating out) to measure food. 

AS for Protein, Tera's Whey and Orgain Ready to Drink are the best I' ve had.   Tera's Whey also has whey from goats in case you have trouble digesting lactose. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 12:59 pm - OH

Just to clarify: goat milk has lactose just like cow's milk (it just has 10% less lactose, which isn't particularly significant).  Goat milk is more digestible and does not contain the protein (cAllen "alpha S1 casein") that is what many people who are allergic to milk have the reaction to.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/14 10:04 am
VSG on 11/13/14

I use bariatric for the calcium citrate +D, vitamin b-1 and vitamin b12, optisource for the multivitamin, wellesee liquid vitamin D and celebrate for the iron+C. The program I went through gives a list of what vitamins are acceptable and these were all on the list. I use met-rx for my protein shakes. I didn't get any serving size cups. I am on the full liquid diet now and I eat until I start to feel full. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 12:52 pm - OH

I have used the Celebrate chewable multivitamins.  I like the strawberry pineapple flavor, but all of their chewables are almost sickeningly sweet. They are also quite expensive compared to chewable Centrum (or a generic version).  There is nothing special about "bariatric" vitamins except the price!

It really isn't necessary to buy any special plates, bowls, utensils, cups, etc..  You can simply use salad plates (or even saucers) instead of a dinner plate (which I still NEVER use because they are huge compared to the amount I eat even at 7.5 years out). You are going to need to learn to eat with normal utensils and dishes eventually, and should be measuring your portions until you learn what your portions sizes look like, anyway.

The only thing I really needed to buy was a "blender ball" lidded cup for making protein shakes (I didn't like using the blender because it makes too much foam). 

My surgeon's plan had us back in soft foods on Day Three post-op (and did not have a liquid pre-op diet), but I like the Unjury Chocolate Splendor, Unjury Chicken Soup, and Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte protein powders.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 11/24/14 9:44 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I use either salad plates or these smaller appetizer plates I have. I never use my dinner plates unless I am having people over. i find a stick blender works well for the smoothies without creating too much foam. Just make sure you have plenty of measuring cups and spoons and if you don't have a scale get one. Eventually you will need it. During the puree phase I either was either eating naturally soft foods like cottage cheese or I just chopped(with a knife) things really small and needs to have liquid. Smoothies you just have to try, what one person loves another will hate. I've gone through phases. Loving Coffee protein drinks, hating premier, now I like premier again. Celebrate has a sample pack they will send you for $3 if you  want to try them.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active