protien shakes what kind do you like?

pebtash
on 11/22/14 8:20 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi just wondering what kind of protein powder or premade shakes is your favorite. I found pure protein at Walmart and really like it but it doesn't say whey protein isolate which is what I am suppose to have. How ever it did say whey protein but it also wasn't the first ingredient in it. Water was first then milk protein concentrate, then whey protein concentrate. My directions said it needs to be the first ingredient. Which lead me to my question. What is your favorite and what flavor? I'm going shopping in the morning so I have it when I get home from the hospital. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Gwen M.
on 11/22/14 8:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate is, hands down, my favorite.  It's not too sweet unlike most of the chocolate powders out there.  I mix it with unsweetened original almond milk.  I have one every morning for breakfast and, after 11 months, I have yet to get sick of them.  

For a while I was enjoying Syntrax peanut butter cookie but now it's way too sweet for me and I no longer enjoy it :(

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/22/14 9:04 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Have you tried the double rich chocolate heated? I was looking for a substitute for hot chocolate and thought it might work. 

Gwen M.
on 11/22/14 9:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I haven't!  But if you try, be aware that protein powders can curdle so it's best to temper them first before just adding ho****er.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/22/14 9:01 am
VSG on 01/11/16

For powders: isopure isolate unflavored powder which i can mix into broths and soups, matrix chocolate mint powder to make shakes.

For ready made drinks I currently like vanilla premier protein and atkins cafe caramel. I went to the vitamin shoppe and pretty much got one of each of rtd's they had.. I've seen people say their tastes changed after surgery and I wasn't sure what would appeal to me, so I wanted a have a few to try. 

Syntrax Nectar ,  Optimum Nutrition and Unjury  protein powders seems to be popular and I've ordered sample packs to try.

Good luck finding something you like :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/22/14 9:06 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My favorites are the nectar brands.  I use chocolate truffle, vanilla bean torte and double stuffed cookie mixed with unsweetened almond milk.  I never grow tired of them.  Sometimes I have mint cookie the same brand's Matrix line.  It has slightly more calories/carbs.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

poet_kelly
on 11/22/14 9:48 am - OH

Whey protein isolate isn't going to be the first ingredient in any ready-to-drink shake.  In a protein powder, maybe.  Bu****er will probably be the first ingredient in any premade shake.  If it had more whey protein isolate than water it would be a very thick goop, not something you'd want to drink.

My favorite is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino.  I dunno if you can find it at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC or not.  Might need to order online.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kkaine
on 11/22/14 2:17 pm
RNY on 03/24/14 with

Premier Protein chocolate for me

sp1209
on 11/23/14 7:45 am - AL

Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 10:42 am - OH

My favorites are the Unjury Chocolate Splendor and teh Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte, both of which I add to my morning SF hot chocolate every weekday.

Every now and then I still have a cup of the Unjury Chicken Soup if I want something warm and soothing or don't feel like eating.  I also occasionally have an Oh Yeah brand chocolate or banana RTD, or Cytomax Tangerine Protein water.

I also used to drink the Syntrax nectar Twisted Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Roadside Lemonade in the summer.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1148 views