Disappointing day...

SKmammabear
on 11/25/14 8:20 am

I have been waiting for my insurance to give final OK on my surgery and my surgeons office still show it's "pending".  I called again today and they said they aren't sure why it's taking so long, or if there is a problem (ie if I don't qualify) and it's now in the hands of the medical director.  I'm not sure exactly what that means.  She also said that now the entire month of December is full.  I had really been wanting to get this all done before the end of the year because I have already met my deductible.  So, now that they are booking into January now, I will have to pay a lot more out of pocket.  I really don't have the extra money to fork out for this. Somehow I will get it to work, but I'm so disappointed that there is a snag now.  I have gotten all of my testing done, paid copay's for them and now who knows when or if I will get my surgery.  I have worked so hard on this and now feel like giving up.  I won't, but I feel like it...  Just disappointed!

Cathy W.
on 11/25/14 8:52 am

The insurance company may have questions, need additional information or raise some issue that requires the medical director's involvement. 

I would call again and ask if there are any problems from the insurance company and any reason the medical director is involved.  I would offer to call your insurance company for them. 

If you get the approval in a short period of time, ask them if you can be put on a cancellation list in case someone cancels or is unable to have their surgery before the end of the year.

Good luck! 

Judi2
on 11/25/14 10:46 am
RNY on 12/08/14

I would call the insurance company directly. I've paid into my insurance company for 10years without "costing" them hardly anything. You have the right to ask. My case was submitted on a Monday and I called on Wed, Thurs and it was approved on Friday. Sometimes we push them a bit so they know it's very important to you.

Valerie G.
on 11/25/14 11:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have you called the insurance yourself?  Way too many times, the insurance company never receives the ppwk for your request.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Deana_
on 11/26/14 8:14 am

Call your insurance company and surgeons office.

i had anxiety over january as well. My surgery is scheduled for December 22, thankfully.

but I will say this.. Even if I  had to pay my 3000 deductible I was going to still do the surgery. This is for me and my life is more important. It's a lot of money but, I spend so much on other things I said that this is worth it!

i wish you the best

SKmammabear
on 11/28/14 6:12 am

I DID call my insurance company the other day and found they have given final approval.  The letter had not gone out yet as of Wed, but my surgeons office can call also to confirm it.  I called the surgeons office and, of course, they are closed for the Thanksgiving weekend and will be back on Monday.  I will call on Monday and get my surgery scheduled!  Thank you for all the encouragement!  It's actually a go now!!

Most Active