does anyone go to support group meetings post op?

Sheila77
on 12/16/14 2:45 am, edited 12/16/14 4:15 am - westlake, ON

do they help at all?

Luvmygs
on 12/16/14 4:20 am
VSG on 12/04/14

For me definitely. You meet people at different levels and experiences and you get tons of good advise and helpful hints, recipes, and get to meet some neat friends.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/16/14 4:22 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I am confused...there was another post here just a minute ago. Did you change your mind about the subway and stomach stretching question that you had?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Sheila77
on 12/16/14 4:28 am - westlake, ON

I think someone deleted my post? I don't know :( I am still upset with myself about lunch but am planning on working out as soon as I get home and eating a very light dinner I guess that is all I can do really

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/16/14 4:42 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

That's so odd.  It shows that your original post was edited two hours after you posted.  Are you sure you didn't change it yourself?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Chilipepper
on 12/16/14 4:45 am
On December 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM Pacific Time, Sheila77 wrote:

I think someone deleted my post? I don't know :( I am still upset with myself about lunch but am planning on working out as soon as I get home and eating a very light dinner I guess that is all I can do really

Your origional post says you edited it at 12:15. You deleted your post.  You need to be honest with yourself and understand that eating 6 in Subway subs is not a healthy choice.  Looking for support groups is a good thing.  I also think some counciling would benefit you also.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/16/14 4:46 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Looks like you inadvertently edited your own post. The time indicator shows the original post time and the edit time. You probably wanted to post a new topic but went into edit mode instead. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

rocky513
on 12/16/14 4:51 am - WI

You are aware that the time you posted the original post was 10:45 and that the post was edited at 12:15?  It tells us that at the top of your post.  It wasn't "deleted" by "someone".  You edited it to something completely different.  If you want help with a problem, you might want to stand by your own posts.

In response to your original post:

It is normal for a pouch/sleeve to stretch some in time.  Eventually, you are supposed to be able to eat more than 2 oz or would starve to death.  Having said that, it is your responsibility to measure your food to make sure you don't over-eat.  I am 4 years out and still measure my food.  I can't trust myself to properly judge portion sizes.  If you are eating until you "feel full", you will likely gain weight.  I was told to never eat more than 1 1/2 cups of food at one meal.  If it measures more than that in total, I know I have over-eaten.  Just because you CAN eat a 6 inch Subway sandwich doesn't mean you SHOULD.  You have to learn to police yourself. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Sheila77
on 12/16/14 4:27 am - westlake, ON

thank you, yes my other post seems to have disappeared??

I think I will go to a meeting, do any of you go to the meetings in Avon in ohio? at the CC?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/16/14 8:39 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On December 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM Pacific Time, Sheila77 wrote:

thank you, yes my other post seems to have disappeared??

I think I will go to a meeting, do any of you go to the meetings in Avon in ohio? at the CC?

I have been to that meeting.  It's very nice and open.  I think you'd benefit greatly.  

Are you going through the Cleveland Clinic?  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1457 views