Does anyone know a dieticion in the durham region that is familar with VSG?

fran2014
on 12/17/14 8:51 am - brooklin, Canada

I had my surgery in Mexico 6 months ago and I have not had any guidance what's so ever. My family doctor is not help cuz she doesn't know who to send me to. Please send me any suggestions.

Member Services
on 12/17/14 9:46 am - Irvine, CA

How frustrating this must be for you.  You are in an area where they have great hospitals, try calling them and ask for the Bariatric Department and see if they know of any dietitians familiar with your surgery type. Do the same with surgeons in your area.  They will be able to help you. If you need help with that let us know.  We did a search here and found 2, but one is 60 miles away and the other over 100.  

Here are a couple of links with information on the VSG and be sure and stop by and ask your fellow VGS'ers.

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Happy Holidays!

Valerie G.
on 12/18/14 3:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You can see any dietician or nutritionist.  The only part of your anatomy that has changed is your stomach size.  All parts are working as designed, so there's really nothing new to know except that you have a much reduced stomach capacity.  The nutritional needs of a normal person are the same as your own.  You may just have to get more creative at achieving them for a while.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 11:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

My suggestion is to post this on the Ontario forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ON/

As also mentioned by Member Services, the VSG forum would provide you with instant access to many other VSG patients.

You could contact the Ontario Bariatric Registry and inquire about seeing a dietician, but as you did not go through OHIP and went out of country, that may not be an option for you. Of course, you'll only know when you call and ask!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1430 views