please help

dreamingvsg
on 12/20/14 6:30 am - Tacoma, WA

Hello I live in tacoma Washington.  And I am interested in getting the sleeve. And my insurance is tricare. I was wondering if anyone has gotten their surgery at madigan and if tricare covered it. Also did you have to go through alot of hoops to get approved.. can you please tell me the process. I now there is a seminar at madigan jan 8 2014 but they said I need to go see my pcp to put in a console? Idk what he means.  I just really need help. 

MickeyDee
on 12/20/14 11:07 am

Not "console", probably "Consult":  See your PCP for a request to be seen.  Don't know anything about insurance, etc., sorry.

kathkeb
on 12/20/14 12:33 pm

It basically means that your insurance requires you to have your PCP refer you for surgery.

They need to write a consult for you before you can get into the bariatric program.

Call on Monday and make an appointment with your PCP for as soon as possible so you can get into the January seminar.

Kath

Michele H.
on 12/20/14 6:39 pm - NJ

You need to get the requirementd fir WLS in writing for your particular plan.  If two people have the same insurance carrier they can have two different types of coverage.  Until you have the specific requirements for your plan you will not know what is covered and what the requirements are 

Michele

Karen H.
on 12/20/14 11:03 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

See your regular doctor to get approval from him/her for you to have the surgery. Then I would call your insurance company and tell them what you want to do and see what is involved to be approved. This is what I did.... so helpful! Good Luck! Karen

MegZorar
on 12/20/14 11:31 pm

Call your insurance company to get a copy of their medical coverage policy for bariatric surgery on your specific plan. It's a checklist of what they require to approve the surgery. It varies from company to company and depends on your particular plan.

It should look something like this one from Cigna.