Hi Everyone! VSG Grad Here!

sjkduke
on 12/21/14 11:53 pm - VA
VSG on 12/18/14

Good Morning!

I was sleeved on 12/18.  I forgot that I joined this site years ago when I was thinking about WLS.  So glad that these forums exist--I feel like I have more and more questions every day.  

I'm still having a lot of pain in my incision sites.  I know that it will get better soon.  I used to LOVE water, but now I can't stand it.  I force myself to drink it to take my pills, but drink hot tea and eat popsicles to get my fluids in.  Is this pretty "normal"?  

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!  

Sarah

SW 250 CW 229

Y D.
on 12/22/14 12:43 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

morning, congrats on your surgery! :) I have mine in a couple weeks- eek!

I'm pre-op so I can't share experience with you, but I'm sure other's will chime in soon.

welcome back

lo_ri_p
on 12/22/14 1:46 am - Ocala, FL

I had VSG on 12/3.  If you need advice just message or friend me.

Lori

lo_ri_p
on 12/22/14 1:43 am - Ocala, FL

I had my VSG 12/3.   Starting to feel good.  I'm glad I can get out and walk my dog (so is he).  It gets better every.  I still have one incision that hurts when I move the wrong way but other than that I took pain med for a week and then liquid Tylenol for a few days after that. 

I understand not being able to drink water.  I thought it was just me.  I have less trouble drinking crystal lite or tea no matter the temp.  I still don't know how to consume the amount of liquid, protein and supplements I am supposed to in a day.  I am hoping it will come in time. 

Feel free to send me a message with any questions.  Maybe we could help each other progress to our goal.

sjkduke
on 12/22/14 1:50 am - VA
VSG on 12/18/14

Glad it's not just me!  Before surgery, I hated other drinks like Crystal Lite--I was a water and coffee only drinker.  Now I understand why everyone raves about Crystal Lite!  Glad I bought some!  

Sarah

SW 250 CW 229

Kathy S.
on 12/22/14 1:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome sjkduke,

Be sure and stop by our VSG forum to interact with those that had the same surgery

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Tracy D.
on 12/23/14 2:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench, Sarah!  

It may take a few weeks but I'm pretty certain your love of water will come back.  Immediately post-op it can taste different or "funny" and the fact it can cause a bit of pain to drink doesn't make it any better.  Within a few weeks this usually passes and you can get back to drinking more normally.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

sjkduke
on 12/23/14 11:23 am - VA
VSG on 12/18/14

Thanks, Tracy!

Sarah

SW 250 CW 229

Most Active