Making the decision to finally do this

Lg1983
on 12/22/14 8:45 am
VSG on 07/15/15

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have my first appointment with my surgeon next week, I'm so very excited and feel an overwhelming amount of relief...hoping that I have finally found the solution. After 4 kids (2 of which were 7 lb each twins) I just was never able to recover and find myself physically in a place I had never imagined...I am bigger than I've ever been, too tired to play with my kids, my husband is physically unattracted to me, and I have to sense of fullness...I literally can eat myself sick because I am never fully satisfied when eating. I have tried every diet in the book, taken every pill/tea/whatever I've seen and read about...nothing works...nothing. I have seen others on here tell the same story and I'm so glad to finally find a place where maybe someone will understand the pain I feel when I can't even squeeze into my "fat pants", or when my mom mentions that I "shouldn't eat that".

Gwen M.
on 12/22/14 8:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on making the decision!  Once I made the decision, I felt invincible :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

msladykris
on 12/22/14 10:50 am, edited 12/22/14 10:50 am - Indianapolis, IN
DS on 03/25/15
On December 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, Lg1983 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have my first appointment with my surgeon next week, I'm so very excited and feel an overwhelming amount of relief...hoping that I have finally found the solution. After 4 kids (2 of which were 7 lb each twins) I just was never able to recover and find myself physically in a place I had never imagined...I am bigger than I've ever been, too tired to play with my kids, my husband is physically unattracted to me, and I have to sense of fullness...I literally can eat myself sick because I am never fully satisfied when eating. I have tried every diet in the book, taken every pill/tea/whatever I've seen and read about...nothing works...nothing. I have seen others on here tell the same story and I'm so glad to finally find a place where maybe someone will understand the pain I feel when I can't even squeeze into my "fat pants", or when my mom mentions that I "shouldn't eat that".

Congrats! It will be a bumpy ride but I'm sure it will be well worth it!

Mary Gee
on 12/22/14 5:26 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hey, you're just like the rest of us.  We should start a post about different diets, etc. we have tried in our efforts to lose weight.

Good luck with your appointment.  There will be times you may get discouraged, because of the pre-op testing, appointments, etc. -- but it will be well worth the effort.  Keep reading the boards here for information and inspiration - you can never get too much info!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Y D.
on 12/23/14 2:19 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Welcome!

You definitely found a place where people can relate to you, we've all been there or are there right now. Congrats on the first step!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1457 views