Sickness

dancerchick06
on 1/25/15 11:14 am
RNY on 01/07/15

Hi all,

I am 2.5 weeks out of my RNY and I am feeling sick whenever I eat. I also have a problem with heart-burn type burping. I have also thrown up about 1/4 of what I eat every time. Should I go back to liquids for awhile?

Thanks in Advance,

-S

Poodlemac
on 1/25/15 11:40 am
RNY on 09/26/14

At 2.5 weeks out, I was still on full liquids, transitioning to puréed foods. I could eat VERY little. Foods should be moist or they will make you miserable. Are you maybe eating too much? The crazy belching is part of it for me. Esp if I eat too much. If you have reflux, tell your doctor!!  It's nothing to play with. 

dancerchick06
on 1/25/15 12:43 pm
RNY on 01/07/15

Still full liquids? I was told to start trying soft food. I was thinking going back to liquids was going to be the end result. I am having quite a bit of reflux but I didn't know if it was due to vomiting.

Thank you,

Sarah

Poodlemac
on 1/25/15 1:35 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I did full liquids for 2 weeks then pureed for 2 or 3. I could only do a couple of small spoons full, and I mean chicken pureed with broth til like soft mashed potatoes. I def did not move to pureed all at once. It was a gradual transition. Maybe try some cream of broccoli soup or something with a little texture. I got very sick on a couple of bites of brisket because it was too dry. Good luck!!  Go  s l o w l y !!   Call your doc about the reflux!

NHPOD9
on 1/25/15 6:21 pm

My practice advised that anytime I vomitted, I was to give my body 24 hours of rest and go back to liquids. You might be pushing your limits too early.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

STB
on 1/26/15 9:39 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I was not eating for at least a month post op and then, only 1/2 - 1 tsp of food at a time. I am on Prevacid Solutab 30mg as I had acid reflux pre-op and was told I would probably be on it for at least a year if not forever. it sounds like you are taking in too much and too quickly. measure everything as initially your body's signals may be off due to the surgery and cutting they did. good luck!

SHARON  

Most Active