Optifast

Donna1964
on 1/27/15 5:22 am - Canada

Just consumed my first two meals today, one vanilla and one chocolate.  I am so glad I only have two weeks of this.

I think I will stop by the grocery store and get some mio or some different extracts to try and help the flavours.

Going to be a long two weeks.  Never thought I would say this but I am really looking forward to my cup of chicken broth.

Ellie333
on 1/27/15 6:26 am - Canada

I am almost right there with you.  I start my shakes/bars next week and am scared ----less.  I was told yesterday that mixing the chocolate with instant coffee granules makes a cafe mocha and mixing the vanilla with orange sugar free drink crystals tastes a lot like a creamsicle.  Also mixing the chocolate with SF raspberry syrup is a good choice as well.  I am concerned that the sweetness is going to get old fast and that I am really going to miss the savory flavours.  Good luck just think when I am starting this phase you will be almost done!!

Ellie

Donna1964
on 1/27/15 6:39 am - Canada

I got banana extract and mint extract and then a bottle of dasani mixed berry drops.  I squeezed some dasani in with the vanilla and it tasted not too bad.  Going to try the banana in with the chocolate when I have my evening snack.  

you said bars? That was not an option for us in Guelph. 

Donna

Ellie333
on 1/27/15 8:29 am - Canada

I am in NB but the shakes and bars are out of Montreal.  I was given 2 options - #1 Daily intake of 4 'Slim Time" shakes/day and #2 Daily intake of 3 Slim Time shakes and 2 Proti bars (flavour options: choc, peanut butter choc., caramel nut, caramel delight).  I took option #2 because I thought it might fill the need to "chew" food.  I had to call a 1-800 number to order (1-800-665-6466).  I can also, along with the shakes and water, have 8 oz of black tea or coffee/day (vanilla shake crystals can be added to coffee to make it a protein coffee).  Hope this helps.

Ellie

kathkeb
on 1/27/15 10:14 am

A little picante sauce in my chicken broth helped when I was desperate for something savory.

Just keep remembering that these weeks will pass, and you can stick it out ... A whole new life is just around the corner.

Being compliant is such an important part of a successful journey!!!!!

hang in there!

Kath

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/27/15 9:38 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I honestly believe this is one of the hardest stages of this whole process. I only had to do a week. I will say that after a few days I just went numb and no longer had hunger. I hope that happens for you.

Poodlemac
on 1/27/15 11:45 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Yep. Day 4 it turns around!  I just didn't care after that!

Most Active