Decided on VSG

rhon1017
on 1/29/15 1:57 am - Gastonia, NC

Met with my doctor for the first time today.  I am so glad that my first two appointments were rescheduled in 2014.  My insurance did away with the 6 month waiting period in 2015.  So I can have my surgery as early as March/April.

So ready for it now.

Jack Allen
on 1/29/15 2:14 am - Leesburg, VA

Congrats! Im getting a VSG is less than 2 weeks. My insurance did the same thing. But what I did was go to 5 months of weigh-ins at my PC and then went to meet with the Dr only to find out they dropped that requirement.  DOH! Oh well good luck.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

Gwen M.
on 1/29/15 2:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats!  I had my VSG 10.5 months ago and it has been a great experience. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Y D.
on 1/29/15 3:36 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

how exciting, congratulations!! :)

Tracy D.
on 1/29/15 4:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats!  If you haven't done so already, you may want to come over to the VSG surgery-specific forum to read up on everyone's experiences.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Andy G
on 2/4/15 1:58 am - TX

Youre going to do great..... I have been trying since 2004.....and finally I just saved the money and did it..... I was scared about the pain.....not being able to eat.... being hungry after I only ate 2-3 oz.... and I have to tell you..... the pain was minimal,,,,, I was walking around the hospital a few hours after surgery......... would do 5-10 laps at a time.   Being hungry???? Heck no Im rarely hungry....and especially after I eat...... Trick for ya,,,,, eat a little then wait..... because there is food coming down...I learned that the hard way.... also I didnt believe them, but your taste will change..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE spicy stuff...I mean Ghost Pepper spicy,,,,, my motto was if your nose isnt running and your eyes aren****ering its not hot enough..... Well  Spicy cant even touch my tongue its too hot...Jalapenos burn my mouth.... Ive eaten them and they dont upset my stomach...but cant go hott than a seeded Jalapeno on my tongue......

Also Stock up On Oscar Mayer P3 packs... that is a full meal for me and I am an ex college defensive tackle.  You get meat, cheese, and nuts.   Good Protien and good flavor.....

You can do it...... I thought the hardest part of the ordeal was the liquid diet....... until I got smart and said ...BROTH SUCKS....so I asked the DR and he said Sure.... I just took the soups...not creamed thought..... But any soup and cooked it..then strained it...... ate the broth from it.... saved what was left in Freezer bags or tupperware then added it to stuff like stews now that I am fine to eat..... I also love black eyed peas and cook them and strain the juice off and eat it.....If youre looking for good drinks low calorie great taste..... Bai5   or go to www.Drinkbai5.com  you can also order it on Amazon its a whole lot cheaper that in the store