Starting my process for surgery and blogging about it.

suzygreenberg
on 1/31/15 10:17 am - Canada

Hey everyone!  I started a blog to document my journey, if you have a few minutes check it out - I want to hear from you!   Also, anyone who also has one comment below and I'd love to check yours out. 

Thanks! (direct link below in signature)

I'm blogging about my journey, in the only way I know how to - with a lot of humour and a little potty mouth

shakesandspanx.blogspot.ca

Eggface
on 1/31/15 12:22 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Right on. I highly recommend blogging your WLS journey. It has helped keep my head in the game and stay accountable to my lifestyle changes. It's given me an outlet to express the emotional part of this journey. It also helps dispel some misconceptions about life after weight loss surgery to non-ops that read it and that is always a good thing ;) The best though is it has connected me to a lot of awesome people... readers, fellow bloggers, people I have gone on to become real world friends with.

I will bookmark your link and follow along. Best to you,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

suzygreenberg
on 2/1/15 12:37 am - Canada

Thanks Michelle - all that you've mentioned have been reasons why I wanted to start it.  I really am already struggling with finding ways to tell friends and family this is going on, trying to avoid that blank stare/horrified look as much as possible.  I'm hoping that I can send them the link to read on their own to understand it better.  All the best to you too, thanks for following along :) 

I'm blogging about my journey, in the only way I know how to - with a lot of humour and a little potty mouth

Gwen M.
on 2/1/15 3:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've added your blog to my reader.  My blog link is in my signature below.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

suzygreenberg
on 2/1/15 7:45 am - Canada

Thanks Gwen, I will do the same. Have a great night.