My beautiful acrylic nails all gonel

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/15 12:25 am

I called my dr's office yesterday, getting things ready and in place. I notice that I'm due for a fill, I have beautiful nails and well maintained even though I work with horses. Dr said get rid of the acrylic, he has to monitor my oxygen levels with the pulseox that they place on your finger. They said try to remain as natural as possible about everything. Good advise, pretty acrylic/gel nails gone plus the cost, natural beautiful nails on the way again. I remember when I first got them the nail girls said, you have beautiful strong nails, why do you want acrylic/gel nails. Twenty years later, bye bye nails. They look so beautiful though. It's ok will need that money for protein supplements and stuff. Ok with natural nails, but boy are they sensitive now ouch.

TheNewT
on 1/30/15 12:54 am
VSG on 08/04/14

In college I got into that acrylic nail phase. I don't know why because I had super strong and long nails naturally. When I did get them soaked off my freaking nails were so weak and brittle. It took years until I felt that they were back to normal. Now I rock my own.

You could always make an appointment after your release to get them back. It would be nice to have someone pamper you early out. Good luck with everything!

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/15 1:15 am

Thanks,  I had beautiful nails b4 and I' going to maintain the natural nail since mine grow strong and long. I will go only for a special occasion to get them polished but I'm over the acrylic thing. did it for almost 20 yrs, boy if I had all that money now, things would be pretty good. You r doing a great job. any depression after surgery

TheNewT
on 1/30/15 3:10 am
VSG on 08/04/14

No depression because of the surgery. I didn't have that buyer's remorse. In the beginning I didn't have cravings for things b/c literally everything food related just smelled terrible to me. So I didn't get caught in the sadness of wanting to eat my favorite foods b/c they smelled like a pile of dog poop.

My B1 before surgery was great and it tanked in the first 3 months after surgery. Didn't find out until peripheral neuropathy set it. Imagine numbness but you feel burning and stabbings in your feet. I did have a pity party moment b/c it hurt like hell. When the pain is managed it is amazing how clearly you can think!

6 months out I'm really happy with my progress and decision.

Chilipepper
on 1/30/15 1:28 am

You will be on so many suppliments. You will have strong beautiful natural nails.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/15 1:43 am

Cathy W.
on 1/30/15 2:16 am

After the acrylic nails haven't been on in awhile, they won't be so sensitive.  They'll return to the beautiful strong nails the nail techs saw when you first put them on, especially with the good vitamin supplementation program you'll be on.

You'll need the money for smaller sizes of clothes after you've had surgery!  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/15 2:37 am

yay thanks for those  encouraging words. You are doing great

Gwen M.
on 1/30/15 4:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My nails have always been strong and healthy but, if it's even possible, they're better now.  I still with gel polish if I do my nails now.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kokosuggs
on 2/1/15 3:52 am

I DID the exact same thing...so glad they told me b4 I spent the money!      never realized how much I used my nails until they were gone..

after a week from my surgery I went to get new ones...

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Most Active