6 months post op and happy .......

aquintana5746
on 2/27/15 1:31 am

I want to thank Dr. John DeBarros and his wonderful staff at the WLIA for all their professional assistance with my new journey in life. I started this Journey April 2014 and 6 months ago finally had my lap band surgery. After the first month post op I felt like a new person, full of energy, able to breath without wheezing and able to stand up from a sitting position without pain in my knees. I have continued to be successful each and every day. I love all the compliments I receive from everyone that see's the new me. Without all the knowledge Dr. Debarros and his staff have given me I wouldn't of been as successful with this journey as I am today. Two thumbs up......5 Stars.....100% satisfied....would recommend the WLIA to each and everyone struggling with their weight loss journey.

Cathy W.
on 2/27/15 2:07 am

For you, or any other members, that want to share your experience with your surgeon and staff, it is best to leave a member testimonial on the surgeon's OH professional profile.  Sharing your surgical experience is helpful for anyone researching a surgeon for their own WLS.

aquintana5746, I encourage you to write a testimonial for Dr. DeBarros.  

Congrats on your progress.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Kate -True Brit
on 2/27/15 3:21 am - UK

Glad all is going well for you. My band has served me well for almost 9 years and is still working just as it should be.

if you would like one bit of advice (I am pretty unusual among OH members in being banded so long) it is not to ignore any potential problems. At the first sign of unexplained tightening, any regular reflux, any regular bringing food back, get back to your doctor to get it checked - dealing with issues quickly increases the chances of intervention being successful. So often people with serious issues say they have been living with them for weeks or even months. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active