Hunger

Kgrendell
on 2/28/15 9:46 am

I am five weeks out and I've noticed since about week three, I get hungry an hour after I'm done eating.

I have been drinking water, alway**** my protein and water goals, even go over my goals & under 800 calories. Is this too much acid? I'll take gaviscon sometimes and that helps. I'm also on a once a day Prilosec 40mg. 

Will this go away or should I get used to being dependent on gaviscon so I'm not tempted to snack?

Kate -True Brit
on 2/28/15 4:09 pm - UK

As surgeries have such different effects, you need to tell us which surgery you have had.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kgrendell
on 2/28/15 8:34 pm

Sorry I had the vertical sleeve

hollykim
on 3/1/15 6:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 28, 2015 at 5:46 PM Pacific Time, Kgrendell wrote:

I am five weeks out and I've noticed since about week three, I get hungry an hour after I'm done eating.

I have been drinking water, alway**** my protein and water goals, even go over my goals & under 800 calories. Is this too much acid? I'll take gaviscon sometimes and that helps. I'm also on a once a day Prilosec 40mg. 

Will this go away or should I get used to being dependent on gaviscon so I'm not tempted to snack?

what does a days menu look like for you? If you are eating carbs,they will make you more hungry and you will also be able to eat more of everything. 

Continue to up your water as well.

Hislady
on 3/1/15 7:58 am - Vancouver, WA

Sleeves while a great surgery are notorious for causing acid. Check with your surgeon he may need to up or change your anti acid, some work better than others depending on the person. It sounds like that is what it is because after that hour the acid has done its job digesting food and now it is just there burning you with no more food to work on. You do want to get it under control tho because it can cause long term damage if not gotten under control.

Kgrendell
on 3/1/15 10:57 am

Thanks!!! I have a follow up next week and will defs be asking him. That's exactly how I feel what's going on in me. 

Most Active