Extra Pscyh 1:1

Zabinas
on 2/27/15 5:10 am

My WLS program requires a psychologist 1:1, followed by a 6 week behavior modification class, followed by another 1:1 with the psychologist, followed by monthly group sessions until you have surgery.

I've been through all of the above and have been waiting for approval.  Now I've been called to come in for a 3rd 1:1 with the psychologist.  No one else in my group (either waiting for approval still or already approved) has needed a 3rd 1:1.  I keep replaying everything I've said in my previous 1:1's and the group sessions.  I can't think of anything that would be a red flag or even much of a negative for the psychologist.  I've mainly talked about things I have found to be helpful, etc.

Has anyone here been asked to go through an extra 1:1 session?  What happened?  Why was the extra session needed?

I have nearly 2 weeks until the appointment and am so scared he is going to tell me that because of some offhand comment or technicality he won't be approving me for surgery.

Thank you!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/27/15 7:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

They wouldn't single you out for an offhand comment or technicality. If this is indeed unusual, it's important. You should pay attention to their concerns, and use it to be more successful.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

dkorb01
on 2/27/15 9:06 am
DS on 05/22/15

Not trying to be a smartass, or insult you in anyway...maybe Paranoia?

Poodlemac
on 2/27/15 10:24 pm, edited 2/27/15 10:25 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

The shrink called me for another "chat " before giving me her ok. Turns out she had questions about my relationship with my father. The questionnaire asked if I "love" my father. I said no because I don't know the man. My parents divorced when I was a baby and I've seen him once that I recall, and that was 40 years ago. I was 10 yrs old. He chose not to be part of my life and doesn't even acknowledge my existence.  I don't have any ill feeling toward him, but I can't say I "love" the man. I DONT KNOW HIM!!  I thought it was very strange. It's a weird feeling, indeed, when you feel like someone is questioning your mental health!

Most Active