Too Real Abdominal Pain

KateMS10
on 3/3/15 3:03 pm

So I've been banded for right at 4 years now. Down 100lbs and I've been free of complications basically the entire time. Recently, for about a week now, I've experienced a severe pain in my abdomen. Around the port area. The pain is like what I would imagine it to feel like if a large hook was stuck in my side and yanked on everytime I breathe deeply, laugh, lay down, stand up straight, basically live like a normal human being. At first I thought I had over eaten or maybe it was gas but the pain didn't go away for two days. Then it eased off, then came back at night. I'm not having trouble eating or drinking but I've tried to stick to softer foods just bc I feel like I should, maybe I'm afraid of the pain, idk. 

So I went to see the doc, who thought it might be soreness from skiing a week prior. Ok, maybe so. Go home. The pain continues for the next four days. It's not terrible all the time, typically the worst is late at night. I'm talking take your breath away kind of pain so I'm thinking something has gota be wrong here. Call the doc. Go to a reg physician for an X-ray. The X-ray looks fine and send me home w pain meds. I thought I was better a couple days after but as soon as I eat or drink or anything really, the pain comes back. I haven't done anything any different than last years so what's up.

Anyone ever had a pain like this? Any ideas? Advice? I've tried to like make sure it's not caused by something I'm doing before I keep going back to the doc but I mean this junk hurts so I'm going back tomorrow but tthought I would ask around. 

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for any feedback. 

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/3/15 7:08 pm, edited 3/3/15 7:08 pm

I would call the surgeon's office and tell them the problem.  Pain is always an indication that something is wrong.  I hope you find out soon what the problem is and how to fix it.  Good luck.  And congrats on the 100 pound weight loss!

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/15 7:48 pm

If you have a Gallbladder...it may be it?  When i had issues with my GB, sometimes the pain would come in a middle of the night...from not apoarent reason. 

Or your band slipped, or ulcers, or. ??? Even adhesions...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 3/3/15 10:44 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I agree with checking gallbladder and for band slippage.  Gallbladder attacks usually happen within a couple hours of eating.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

zann50
on 3/3/15 11:29 pm

SEE YOUR ORIGINAl SURGEON!  they know best regarding all the things that a bariatric pt may encounter.  So many other physicians just miss it!

recordsmom
on 3/4/15 5:26 am
RNY on 04/28/15

It does sound like your gallbladder.  I had the same type of pain when mine was acting up before I had it removed.  My pain would feel like a band around my stomach to my back.

KateMS10
on 3/5/15 6:13 am

Thanks for the input everyone! Saw my surgeon yesterday and am going for an endoscopy in the AM. Hopefully the end is near! (for the pain that is)

Most Active