Head Hunger vsg

Vsg_Carlos
on 3/5/15 10:53 am

I had my VSG 2/23/15. Im not physically hungry however im starving in my head. I want mac n cheese, and pizza, and crunchy cheetos. In still in the full liquids phase and ive yet to feel a full sensation. I am able to drink water with no problem I dont have to sip it. Ive had no pain at all not even day of surgery. Im so ready for food. I dont regret the surgery but the fat me in my head I feel like im never going to eat again. Like if i ever have steak and potatoes i feel like im only going to be able to get in steak and no room for potatoes ect. 

What helps you overcome the fat you voice in your head? 

zann50
on 3/5/15 11:45 pm

everyone says that nerves are clipped during surgery and it takes a while for them to return to normal.  until then, you are not able to "fill full'" or at least for some.  glad you know you are not really hungry:)

yes, your head is romancing your old relationship with food.  hmmmm...most of us have been there.  i am post-op x7 wks and have stopped using the scales and every time my MIND wanders towards old habits i try on clothes that now, suddenly, fit or, will fit in a few days.  it feels better than any food item i can "dream" of consuming!  just stay on program.  we newbies must enjoy the "honeymoon phase" of losing wt and acquire all the skills it will take not to regain.

hang in there:)

Tracy D.
on 3/5/15 11:54 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The cognitive behavior skills I learned in therapy and the tips I learned from going to Overeater's Anonymous.  If you don't have these tools in your toolbelt (eating disorder therapist and OA), I would strongly suggest you gear up.  You'll need it in the days, weeks and months ahead.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active