Pain!!

NikkyBeauty
on 3/4/15 6:09 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I'm two weeks post op (VSG) and I have pain at the big incision area. I'm not on pain meds anymore but it only happens when im in the sitting postion and I'm not wearing my abdominal binder they gave me after surgery! No pain standing or lying down, just when I sit. It's not terrible pain because I don't need pain meds but it gets bad to the point where I have to wear the binder all day so I can sit upright! All my incisions are pretty much healed the big one is still a lil tender and swolen at the top, tomorrow is my first post op visit! Just wondering has anyone experienced this or am I just still healing? 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Kathy S.
on 3/4/15 6:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Nikky,

Congratulations on your surgery. If there is no redness, heat or oozing of anything then you should be fine and this is normal.  Be sure and let your surgeon know about this during your visit tomorrow.  If you have not done so post this on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NikkyBeauty
on 3/4/15 6:37 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

No redness and nothing's oozing!! And thank you! I'll post this there too I tend to forget about the other forum's, certainly will let the surgeon know tomorrow, thanks again!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Hislady
on 3/5/15 3:58 am - Vancouver, WA

Sounds like normal healing altho I know a lot of people don't have the binder, maybe that is allowing the muscles to relax too much so they are working harder when you take it off. That could cause some aching when you take it off I suppose. Just be sure to ask the doc.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1321 views