Diarrhea after upper endoscopy?

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/15 6:24 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I need advice! I had my pre-op upper endoscopy yesterday under general anesthesia (propofol) since I don't sedate well with twilight sedation. I felt fine immediately after, but then got really nauseous and threw up grape juice all over my husband's car on the way home! That lasted through the evening. I'm not throwing up any more today, but now I've had bad diarrhea all day. I called my surgeon's advice nurse and am waiting for a call back, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this after an EGD or after propofol. Does this sound similar to anyone?

Nich_R
on 3/6/15 6:59 am

I just had mine a week ago and felt fine afterwards, just a little groggy. Came home and took a nap. Felt fine after I woke up. Sorry to hear yours didn't go as smoothly.

Nichole

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/15 7:16 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Thanks. I heard back from the doc's office, and they said diarrhea is uncommon after so it might be something else. And now my work BFF is feeling sick too...this might just be really bad timing for a stomach bug!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/15 9:14 pm

I typically get very sick with anesthesia. They usually give me anti. nausea meds before and after, and i am supper careful what i eat after. Typically. Not much. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

christinerocks
on 3/6/15 9:26 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I had my EGD along with a routine (screening) colonoscopy on Monday, and felt nauseous before the procedure but not after. I was just sleepy and gassy afterwards.  

Sorry to say, you may have a bug! I hope it passes soon.  But isn't it great to check another pre-op procedure off the list? Whoopee! :-)

get well soon... 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active