Finally saw doctor today

GenieR
on 3/26/15 11:25 am

Hello all, I finally saw my doctor today if you don't remember me I am the one that was not sure of having my WLS because I was losing weight & inches on my own. Well the doctor is giving me 3 months to see if I can lose 29 more pounds so that will put me at a 74 pound weight loss, if I do then no surgery is needed. I also met with his dietitian & I guess I was starving myself so now she has me on track but I can't believe how many calories she wants me to eat a day. It is going to kill me now to eat that much but now with working out she said I must or I will hurt my heart. All I wanted was to lose weight and this program has helped me do just that. Thanks again for all of your help & support. Good Luck to all of you.

TanyaRN
on 3/26/15 11:07 pm - Palm Bay, FL

good job!!!! and good luck on your journey

cathey9338
on 3/27/15 7:09 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with

However you're able to get healthy... that's what it's all about! Congrats and hang in there - sounds like you're making great progress!

MsBatt
on 3/27/15 7:57 am

Let me ask you a question---have you successfully dieted in the past, or is this your first serious attempt? I don't want to rain on your parade, but most of us *****ach this point have dieted a LOT, and some of us have been very successful at it---for a while. Trouble is, even when we lose the weight, we weren't able to KEEP it off, long-term.

While I applaude you current success, I seriously doubt your doctor's statement that if you lose 75 pounds, then you don't need WLS. The statistics tell us that people who lose 50+ pounds with traditional diet and exercise have about an 85% chance of regaining it ALL within five years. People who lose 100+ pounds have a 96% chance of regaining it ALL.

Losing weight is hard, but maintaining weight loss is even harder. WLS is the best tool currently available to help us not just lose, but to maintain that loss.

How many calories are they wanting you to eat? They're right---too few calories, especially too little protein, can cause massive damage to your body, especially your heart. There's no point in getting thin if it costs you your health. It's much better to be plump and healthy than thin and DEAD.

Most Active