Playing Dress up

luxurycouture
on 3/26/15 11:57 am

I've been doing a lot of it. I haven't lost that much weight yet, but it has been fun to dig in the back of my closet and try things on that I have been hanging onto in hopes of fitting into them again. 

My jeans- a size 24- were so skin tight on me when I brought them on vacation in January, just before my surgery Feb 17. I didn't wear them because they were so tight and actually "hurt" to wear. 

Now ow they are loose- my once "skinny" jeans are now fitting me like a "boyfriend" style. They still fit, but they're pretty baggy. Sa-weet! 

I bought 2 sizes smaller today. They're pretty snug, but I like them and they probably will fit properly in a couple weeks. It's a pretty good feeling. 

There are still quite a few things that don't fit *yet* but I dig the change. Only I notice the change in my body so far. Nobody has noticed that I've lost weight yet since it's so soon. Also, nobody except for my boyrfiend and 2 best friends know about my surgery. Not even my family. I am going to visit my sister in LA in April, so it will be interesting to see if she picks up on my change in eating habits. We had Cronuts last time I was there- that won't be happening this time lol. 

Anyway, 5 weeks post op and almost 30 pounds down. I did lose about 10-12 preop during the liquid diet. Either way, it's feeling good and fun to feel better in my clothes! I have always loved playing dress up! 

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Gwen M.
on 3/26/15 12:16 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Remember that "noticing" and "commenting" are two different things :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MAchick
on 3/27/15 12:03 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I love playing dress up! It's an amazing feelings, going down the sizes. Just becareful buying new clothes. I only bought maybe one or two pairs of pants while going down, and I made sure they were really cheap. I have some jeans that I only got to wear a few times because I blew through that size.

I can honestly say that shopping in "regular" sizes is so much easier now. I really enjoy the way clothes fit me so much more. Have fun and congratulations!

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/15 6:43 am
RNY on 05/04/15

This has been one of my favorite activities with my pre-op weight loss! I had 4 tubs of old clothes in our crawlspace, all sorted by size. Early on I learned that you should try old clothes on OFTEN, because when you're going through sizes quickly, it's easy to miss the "butter zone" entirely -- I had 2 pairs of jeans that were too small when I bought them a few years ago and too big when I tried them on again...I can't wear them, and they're brand new!

The biggest problem has been that so many of my old clothes I won't WANT to wear again because they're from high school, so unless flared leg vinyl pants and bell-sleeve peasant blouses come back into fashion, I'm out of luck. Of course this is only really a negative because it's forcing me to come to terms with the fact that high school was longer ago than I think, hahaha. My mom keeps urging me to just buy new clothes when I complain about this, but I wear scrubs most days to work, so I don't want to buy any "real" clothes that I might wear only once (or not at all!) before they don't fit.

Keep having fun playing dress up! I know I will!

Friends K.
on 3/29/15 8:47 am
RNY on 01/14/14

Great news!  It is so fun to change sizes.  I had a basket of 18 and 20 that I BLEW though!  When I could first wear a XL in a regular store I bought a few things thinking I'd be able to wear them forever...things like a tank shell under a cardigan or just a cardigan...nope, I can't wear them now that I'm a medium or even a small...I swim in those things but I haven't been able to give them up!

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

Most Active