newbie...surgery in tijuana.. o my!!!! kelly Ortiz or bailon

danitydazzle
on 3/25/15 11:18 pm

Hello in 2009 I had a sleeve done in costa rica.. 

HW 283

CW 230

LW 171 

I am slowing gaining my weight back. Feeling little restriction. I am interested in having another sleeve or a by pass. I am worried about the bypass because of the re routing of the stomach.  

Financially, my insurance does not cover and I have no health issues besides my obesity. 

I paid $11000 on costa rica in 2009 which was all inclusive with airfare. Today it is $12500 without air nor post op care lodging. WOW.. that hurt... soooo

I do not want to pay that amount again. Hence Tijuana. 

Looking at the actual cost for my procedure in 2009(I insisted on my medical bill and ALL RECORDS) THE ACTUAL COST WAS less than $5400 plus air and post op lodging.

Today I really do not want to pay more than 6000 for surgery.

Now 2015. I have looked at the following options: my biggest concern is will i have success with a sleeve revision to amother sleeve or a bypass???

And having the quality of service that I experienced In Costa Rica.

Doctors:

Dr Jaimie Ponce -"mexicol baratic center".. Debi...this liaison service is poor,slow in response, and pricing changes with whom you speak to.. this is a scary thought. And the inability to speak to the surgeon directly. 

COST revision bypass was$5000 now its$6000.

Dr. Elias Ortiz- "a lighter me". Sonya No complaints with liason. Provided info, returned calls, unable to speak with the Doctor

COST $6500 MI Doctor Hospital 

Dr Ramos Kelly -"Weight Loss Surgery Center"-Heath called back immediately.. have me the cell phone number for the doctor. He answered my calls and questions.. patient man... and the best overall experience doctor and liaison .

COST----Revision sleeve to a sleeve $4700 plus $500 revision fee plus $240 medical tourism insurance  CLINIC San Juan

COST-- Revision to a by pass $ 7500 

Price Option are available for Hospital Angeles but about $1800 increase

Dr. Ismael V. Bailon - "diabetes obesity clinic".. all conversations are with the doctor directly. He apparently works with Dr. KELLY--- CAN'T FIND ANY REVIEWS FOR HIM.. very helpful .. he stands out because I was not sure of which surgery to do. He will do a swallow test prior to then help me make a decision. I LOVE THAT.. only dr. Kelly mentioned the same.

COST $5800 includes the revision fee by pass Clinic San Juan and the flourscopy

$7300 bypass revision at Hospital Angeles with the flourscopy

Last but not least well the price is right... 

Dr. ALMANAZ "weight loss agents" the liason is very professional ..it's apparent they have the business side of marketing patients "down packed".. returned phones makes follow up calls without prompting.. Can't speak to the doctor.

My hang up with this doctor is its like a cattle herd service... the patient coordinators are great but it seems that it's about quantity and I really don't know about the quality.soooo it scares me but then it is important and a great factor to know this doctor handles a huge volume of patients in a methodical pattern. Now what happens with emergencys. I don't know.. 

Also I do not like that the inclusion price is sharing lodging pre, post and hospital stay. MY PREFERENCE. 

NOW THE COST revision sleeve to sleeve (only option) $3340.. HMN Hospital (where is it..what is it)

I heard this doctor have some bad reviews but I have not found them yet.

Wow i know this was long. But this was my research.

So I am leaning towards Dr. KELLY OR  Bailon   buT KELLY revision bypass is put of my budget.. and Bailon.. no one have said anything about him..

Please share your thought and experience with these doctors. And why would you choose one over the other.

Thanks

Kathy S.
on 3/26/15 2:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

Here are some links to Dr. Kelly's profile.  Check out the review tab.  We were not able to find any information for Dr. Ismael V. Bailon in our database.  

We suggest you post this on the Mexico Forum

Link to search results for Dr. Kelly

Jaime Ricardo Ramos Kelly, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Ramos Kelly is a respected, experienced bariatric and metabolic surgeon who has been featured internationally. He was born in West Branch, Michigan and ... www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric.../dr-jaime-ricardo-ramos-kelly/

Let us know if we can help further.  You can reach us at [email protected]

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Valerie G.
on 3/26/15 5:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dr. Kelly also does the DS, and your sleeve is halfway there.  Some need resleeve and some don't.  Have you considered this option for a better chance at long-term weight loss?  Some just need more than to eat less. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 3/26/15 5:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 26, 2015 at 6:18 AM Pacific Time, danitydazzle wrote:

Hello in 2009 I had a sleeve done in costa rica.. 

HW 283

CW 230

LW 171 

I am slowing gaining my weight back. Feeling little restriction. I am interested in having another sleeve or a by pass. I am worried about the bypass because of the re routing of the stomach.  

Financially, my insurance does not cover and I have no health issues besides my obesity. 

I paid $11000 on costa rica in 2009 which was all inclusive with airfare. Today it is $12500 without air nor post op care lodging. WOW.. that hurt... soooo

I do not want to pay that amount again. Hence Tijuana. 

Looking at the actual cost for my procedure in 2009(I insisted on my medical bill and ALL RECORDS) THE ACTUAL COST WAS less than $5400 plus air and post op lodging.

Today I really do not want to pay more than 6000 for surgery.

Now 2015. I have looked at the following options: my biggest concern is will i have success with a sleeve revision to amother sleeve or a bypass???

And having the quality of service that I experienced In Costa Rica.

Doctors:

Dr Jaimie Ponce -"mexicol baratic center".. Debi...this liaison service is poor,slow in response, and pricing changes with whom you speak to.. this is a scary thought. And the inability to speak to the surgeon directly. 

COST revision bypass was$5000 now its$6000.

Dr. Elias Ortiz- "a lighter me". Sonya No complaints with liason. Provided info, returned calls, unable to speak with the Doctor

COST $6500 MI Doctor Hospital 

Dr Ramos Kelly -"Weight Loss Surgery Center"-Heath called back immediately.. have me the cell phone number for the doctor. He answered my calls and questions.. patient man... and the best overall experience doctor and liaison .

COST----Revision sleeve to a sleeve $4700 plus $500 revision fee plus $240 medical tourism insurance  CLINIC San Juan

COST-- Revision to a by pass $ 7500 

Price Option are available for Hospital Angeles but about $1800 increase

Dr. Ismael V. Bailon - "diabetes obesity clinic".. all conversations are with the doctor directly. He apparently works with Dr. KELLY--- CAN'T FIND ANY REVIEWS FOR HIM.. very helpful .. he stands out because I was not sure of which surgery to do. He will do a swallow test prior to then help me make a decision. I LOVE THAT.. only dr. Kelly mentioned the same.

COST $5800 includes the revision fee by pass Clinic San Juan and the flourscopy

$7300 bypass revision at Hospital Angeles with the flourscopy

Last but not least well the price is right... 

Dr. ALMANAZ "weight loss agents" the liason is very professional ..it's apparent they have the business side of marketing patients "down packed".. returned phones makes follow up calls without prompting.. Can't speak to the doctor.

My hang up with this doctor is its like a cattle herd service... the patient coordinators are great but it seems that it's about quantity and I really don't know about the quality.soooo it scares me but then it is important and a great factor to know this doctor handles a huge volume of patients in a methodical pattern. Now what happens with emergencys. I don't know.. 

Also I do not like that the inclusion price is sharing lodging pre, post and hospital stay. MY PREFERENCE. 

NOW THE COST revision sleeve to sleeve (only option) $3340.. HMN Hospital (where is it..what is it)

I heard this doctor have some bad reviews but I have not found them yet.

Wow i know this was long. But this was my research.

So I am leaning towards Dr. KELLY OR  Bailon   buT KELLY revision bypass is put of my budget.. and Bailon.. no one have said anything about him..

Please share your thought and experience with these doctors. And why would you choose one over the other.

Thanks

i would not recommend Dr.Ponce. He gave me a different procedure than what I asked/ paid for in 2013. I recently,last week,actually had to have that procedure revised.

of the ones you mention I would recommend Dr. Kelly.

Valerie G.
on 3/27/15 12:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm glad Holly chimed in.  I was pretty sure Ponce was her doc and I've been following her ordeal.  She was given an experimental procedure instead of what she asked for.  Many US surgeons shy away from fixing any other surgeon's surgery, but another surgeon's experimental sprocedure - no way you'll get any help.

Being out of the country, there is no legal recourse if you're screwed over, either, so choose carefully.  Holly's second trip to MX was to a highly recommended surgeon (Dr. Gilberto Ungson) who was familiar with what she wanted as well as what she asked for.  This correction was paid for out of pocket a second time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 3/27/15 8:20 am

If I had a Sleeve and was regaining, I'd go to Dr. Gilberto Ungson and get the rest of the Duodenal Switch. You've already got the stomach part, so all you'd need would be the intestinal part---the part that gives the DS the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats.

danitydazzle
on 3/27/15 12:04 pm

How much did Dr. Ungson charge for the ds?

chubbs54
on 3/27/15 1:29 pm

I was just told by someone who had the DSW and she said that they only do it if the BMI is 400 or over.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1449 views