Third week stall

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 2:21 am

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op.  I'm 5 days into Stage 3/Soft or pureed foods and am struggling to find things to eat.  I'm sick of protein shakes and am trying to forego them completely for foods, but I'm nervous that I may be stretching my gastric pouch already. And when I weighed myself it showed I gained 4 lbs in one day! I don't know how it's possible--I'm not eating enough to gain any weight. I was constipated that day and took Miralax, it did work, so still unsure how I could've gained. I feel really overwhelmed and stressed about eating, and disappointed about gaining a few pounds back. My goal is 60g of protein and I just don't see how it's possible. Did anyone else have these issues?  Thanks 

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 2:22 am

I forgot to be specific...I had RNY.  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/30/15 3:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Search the forums for "three week stall." Most people have a slowdown, or even a slight gain, as their body adjusts to the surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 5:44 am

I searched and it does seem common...I feel somewhat better now (although I wish I wasn't one of the "stallers")  Thanks for the advice!!!

Kathy S.
on 3/30/15 3:22 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi JayDee11,

3 week stall can happen, don't stress.  Reach out to your fellow RNY'ers on the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) for support and assistance with food choices....

We look forward to your updates!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 5:45 am

Will do, tyvm!

Mary Gee
on 3/30/15 7:02 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Go to Eggface's site and check out her recipes for pureed foods and shakes.  I have a protein shake most days to keep my numbers up.  Hang tough ..... you'll be on "real food" soon.  The worst is over!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

NYMom222
on 3/30/15 1:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Switch up you protein shake. When I thought I couldn't take it anymore I started using the coffee flavored ones...Click and Fit Frappe, they saved me.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

sor09
on 3/30/15 8:33 pm

I remember the slowing of it... but found out that I was not eating enough then things changed big time when I added the correct amount of food. I made sure I followed the rules and was 100% honest about what was going into my month, and my pouch made sure it was not too much nor too fast, too sweet or too oily. You are only three weeks out... it is not a straight line for loosing weight. It takes time. Things to keep doing vitamins, water, exercise and nutrition. Take your time and try not to stress out about fast loss.

Most Active