ABDOMINAL PAINS NOT GB BUT EVEN WORSE

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 4:27 am

IS ANYONE HAVING ABDOMINAL PAINS LIKE GB BUT WORSE BUT LASTING FROM A FEW MIN TO ABOUT 1 HOUR. ONLY RELIEF IS GAS PILLS AND HOT TEA OR HOT SHOWER. 

I USED TO GET THESE ON OCCASION NOW I GET THEM VERY OFTEN.

I FOUND OUT I ALSO HAVE A HERNIA WRAPPING AROUND MY POUCH. HOWEVER PAIN STARTED BEFORE GASTRIC BYPASS.

UNABLE TO VOMIT OR BURP EVER SINCE MY SURGERY IN 2012

ladygodiva1228
on 3/30/15 5:40 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

You need to get to the ER NOW!!. 

The issues you are having could very well end up being life threatening.  Do you see your surgeon yearly?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 7:16 am

i HAVENT SEEN MY SURGEON SINCE I MOVED OVER 3000 MILES AWAY BUT I HAVE HAD BLOOD WORK CAT SCANS ULTRASOUNDS AND THEY CANT SEEM TO FIND THE CAUSE. THEY THINK IT MIGHT BE A HERNIA

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/15 12:41 pm - OH

Unfortunately, even if someone else had the same type of pain you are describing, the cause of their issue may not be the cause of yours, so if you have already had CT scans and blood work and the doctors don't know what the problem is, it is very unlikely that someone here is going to be able to give you an answer. 

You have had occurrences of this pain for over 2 years now and had it before your RNY? Do you have it looked into before you had the RNY? It is curious that it is helped by gas pills, because that usually only helps when the problem is gas... Which leads to the obvious question of how you know that the problem isn't gas?

You said you have a hernia around your pouch?!?  The pouch isn't very big so that sounds like it would be a dangerous condition. What are they going to do to fix it? 

Perhaps you need to consult with another doctor if the one you are seeing doesn't have any answers...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MARIAME
on 3/30/15 1:00 pm

Thank you I just booked a flight back yo Florida where I had my surgery. I not only taj e gas pills but dicyclomine and hot tea and that usualky helps. Its not gas its almost like an intestinsl spasm. When it is happening ny stomach gets really hard and it is difficult to breathe.   This happened for the first time a werk ago in front of my doctor and I was rushed to get as cat scan since she thought it was appendicitis.  But nothing. Sluggish bowel. Im tiref of feeling sick. I hope they can give me an answer in Florida.

Thank you

Kathy S.
on 3/30/15 1:03 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

While we all are here to help in any way we can, this is beyond the scope of a website and our community. Seek medical help ASAP.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views