Vitamins & FSA

thallnc
on 4/20/15 3:22 am, edited 4/20/15 3:25 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Did anyone get their doctor/surgeon to write a prescription for OTC vitamins in order to get their FSA to cover the costs? Since I have now met my out of pocket max for the year I don't have to pay anything else on my medical bills or prescriptions for the rest of the year. Since I put the full amount allowed in my FSA for this year I have a balance that I don't want to lose. Thought it might be good to stock up on my vitamins just didn't know if anyone else has done this and if you had any problems. Going to ask my surgeon next month when I go in for my 3 months checkup.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

Pokemom
on 4/20/15 4:18 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I have not done this for WLS vitamins.  But I did it in the past for an omega 3 supplement that my eye doctor prescribed for chronic dry eye.  Other than the extra step of getting that form signed by the doctor, it all went smoothly with the FSA.  I hope it works out for you.  AND, I will look into this myself for my own WLS vitamins.  We have an HSA now--I will have to look into the rules.  Thanks for the idea!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/20/15 6:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

FWIW, an FSA lets you roll $1,000 forward to the following year, in case you don't use it all.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!