waist trainer?

NorthernHusky
on 4/23/15 4:00 am

Hello all,

I am unsure if you know about them, they are corest like things that you wear to tighten your tummy? tone? ive seen so many testamonials on youtube or instagram and am wondering if any WLS patients have tried.

I have a lot of excess skin on my abdomen and I want it tightened, hopefully without surgery.

I had the gastric bypass btw

Gastric Bypass June 16th 2014

Highest weight: 356
Surgery weight: 347
Current Weight: 224
Goal Weight: 180

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/23/15 4:07 am
VSG on 12/06/12

From what I have read plastics is really the most effective thing. I would google waist trainer scam and see what pops up.

rocky513
on 4/23/15 4:08 am - WI

It may make you look good while you are wearing it, but it will not make your excess skin disappear.  Excess skin is not simply stretched and, therefore, shrinkable.  We actually grow extra skin to cover the weight that we gained.  Unfortunately, you can't un-grow skin. The only answer to excess skin is plastic surgery.  Many of us do use Spanx or other undergarments to hold the loose skin in place. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Valerie G.
on 4/23/15 5:36 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Corsets train the muscle, not the skin.  It's not going to do anything for your skin, I'm afraid.  It will condition your muscles to hold your core in a smaller package, but the package will still be loose and flimsy.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

White Dove
on 4/23/15 10:20 pm - Warren, OH

If you wrap a rubber band around your wrist, the next day that place will be smaller.  It will go back to normal after the rubber band is removed.  The gadgets work like that.  If you wear them constantly they will pull your skin in.  When you take them off your skin will go back to normal.  Plastic surgery is the way to go.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cassandra B.
on 4/24/15 12:18 am - Alexandria, VA

Good Morning,

I should buy stock in waist trainers/body shapers.  Check out at my post-op pics on my profile.  I have lots of extra skin, but you can't tell because I'm wearing waist trainers/body shapers.

They do work!  You just have to get used to wearing them.  I'm been wearing them for the past 7 years since I had my RNY in 2008.

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Most Active