question

shkirkland2013
on 4/23/15 10:25 pm

6 weeks post op is water vapor e cigs ok to have

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/23/15 10:43 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

That is a question for your surgeon. Also check out this article. The FDA is looking into them and may ban them as they think they could be worse than cigs. http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/ecigarettes- under-fire

Kate -True Brit
on 4/24/15 12:03 am - UK
On April 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM Pacific Time, Bushidomaster Master Samurai wrote:

That is a question for your surgeon. Also check out this article. The FDA is looking into them and may ban them as they think they could be worse than cigs. http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/ecigarettes- under-fire

Interesting article.  I see online that there has been an enormous increase in their use in the U.S. since it it was written. Here in the UK I have actually never noticed anyone smoking them! But they are on sale everywhere. So lots of people must be buying them!

i suppose I haven't noticed because they aren't allowed in any building open to the public, in the same way cigarettes aren't and I don't sit in the outside areas where smokers go! We haven't got a law which says e cigarettes can't be used indoors but restaurant, cafe, pub owners are banning them as they say they can't tell at a glance if someone is breaking the law by smoking a cigarette or not breaking it by smoking an e cigarette. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/24/15 1:57 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes we know have whole shops that are dedicated to just what they call vaping. They advertise as let me help you stop smoking. Also people can get liquid pot and smoke it through these as well. Not that it is legal.

Superchunk77
on 4/23/15 11:06 pm

NO. They still have nicotine and propylene glycol  in them and besides if you have been off of them this long... why go back????  

nurserobin
on 4/24/15 12:35 am

Everyone has their own opinion on ecigs. Do your own research and the articles you read need to be research studies and not crap reporting. Nicotine is in the ecigs but nicotine is a naturally occuring element in the environment, is it healthy no, is it better than cigarettes absolutely. Do the ecig ejuices contain propylene glycol yes they do but keep in mind that propylene glycol is also used in albuterol inhalers. I stopped smoking with an ecig a year and a half ago, my dr has told me that my lungs are so much better and I rarely have lung issues anymore. I have been using my ecig since my surgery without any problems.

Again this is a personal decision and it will always be a better decision than taking up smoking again.

shkirkland2013
on 4/24/15 1:47 am

Are you saying get a propylene gylycol free one?

nurserobin
on 4/25/15 7:45 am

No i was saying that the FDA has approved propylene glycol for inhalation so they consider that part of it safe since it it used in inhalers to treat respiratory disorders.

Superchunk77
on 4/24/15 1:27 am

Um, nicotine is nicotine whether it is in a tobacco leaf or in a bottle from sigma aldrich and it is toxic no matter how you package it.  What makes e cigs different is that you are not getting all of the side products from the internal combustion chemistry of the cigarettes.  You are however still getting nicotine, flavor chemicals, and propylene glycol.  I say stay away and you can do it.  I quit last June and I work in a "smoking office building" and my s/o is still a smoker.  If I can walk away from it under those cir****tances anyone can. 

Sanj313
on 4/24/15 2:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 09/04/14

They have them available without tobacco or nicotine...I had one when I was trying to quit before my surgery. As a former smoker...it's more about the motion of smoking than the nicotine or tobacco. Well, it was for me anyway...and I smoked for over 30 years. But I am happy to say that I haven't had a cigarette since May 31st! I will NOT go back now! Best of luck to you!

Most Active