Urgent! Has anyone have experience with pradaxa and the sleeve?

bonkers-1952
on 4/26/15 5:31 am

Hi, I am somewhat concerned because I am still taking my blood thinner and do not recall being told to stop it.

when I have dental,colonoscopy or any other procedures I am told to stop for at least 3 days…could this be something they missed? 

My surgery is Tuesday at 6:00 am. Thanks in advance!

Christopher W.
on 4/26/15 5:48 am - Medford, NY
RNY on 04/08/15

My cardiologist had me stop pradaxa w days before and switch to lovonox injections.  Then in the hospital they gave me heparin.  Contact both cardiologist and surgeon immediately.  Good luck!!

bonkers-1952
on 4/26/15 6:29 am

Yikes! not feeling very secure, I thought I should be stopping…thanks how many days b/4 did you stop and did you have to take a differant blood thinner after surgery?

Christopher W.
on 4/26/15 6:54 am - Medford, NY
RNY on 04/08/15

2 two days before...and picked up pradaxa upon release.  Not to worry...it should be okay.

bonkers-1952
on 4/26/15 11:23 am

Christopher, I have heard that one is switched over to cuminum (sorry spelt wrong) because pradaxa is hard on a wls persons little stomach. Do you take blood thinners for a/fib? Good to hear 2 days,i am good to go.

Christopher W.
on 4/26/15 11:41 am - Medford, NY
RNY on 04/08/15

Yes afib which is hard to control...but the pradaxa hasn't given me any issues.   Yet...and I hope not at all.  I also happen to have a super-duper well kno2n cardio guy here in NY.  I didn't know he was a world renown doc when I went to him...but he hasn't changed the pradaxa so until I hear otherwise I will keep it going.

bonkers-1952
on 4/27/15 2:48 am

Lucky u! I stopped my Pradaxa for two days. When did they give you the lov? sorry do not recall its spelling. Did they give you that in the hospital or when you stopped the Pradaxa?

Christopher W.
on 4/26/15 5:54 am - Medford, NY
RNY on 04/08/15

My cardiologist had me stop pradaxa w days before and switch to lovonox injections.  Then in the hospital they gave me heparin.  Contact both cardiologist and surgeon immediately.  Good luck!!

Kate -True Brit
on 4/26/15 6:05 am - UK

I only took baby aspirin as a blood thinner but had to stop it a week before surgery, as others say, check asap. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active