HRRH

sweethappiness
on 4/23/15 10:06 am - Canada

I passed all my appointments with the nurse,social worker and the dietitian.  The staff at the hospital are very nice. I have my appointment with Dr.Glazier in May. Thanks for your support.

Cathy W.
on 4/23/15 9:46 pm

It is such a relief to have the pre-op appointments done.  Please post an update after you've seen Dr. Glazier.    

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

bdk515
on 4/24/15 12:55 am - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

My appointment with Dr Glazer was March 25 and boy did he cover a pile of information both rapidly and thoroughly.  At one point during the appointment he dictated a summary of my chart and the details he had gone over with me into his telephone.  He spoke so fast that I had no clue what he was saying!  When he finished up and turn back to me I told him that if the whole Dr. gig didn't work out, he had a solid shot as an auctioneer.  My husband roared with laughter - Dr. Glazer, not so much ;)

We were back at HRRH this past Wednesday for the P.A.T.T. and, if you can get it, I would recommend an early AM appointment!  We were in town from Kingston and they just moved us right on through very quickly.

Next stop - back to HRRH for RNY on May 6th with Dr Hagen - The light at the end of the miserable two week Opti Fast tunnel!

Best of luck for a sooner rather than later surgery date!

sweethappiness
on 4/24/15 3:58 am - Canada

Thanks for the information on Dr. Glazier. This may sound funny but what is P.A.T.T.? After Dr. Glazier do I see the surgeon for my date of surgury? I am off for the summer and hoping to get a date then. I am waiting for an appointment for the sleep clinic so I will have the results before I see Dr. Glazier.

bdk515
on 4/24/15 9:27 am - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

The PATTERN is the term used at HRRH for the pre op suite of tests.  You will see the nurse, have a chest X-ray, meet the anesthetist, blood work etc.  it is the last step before surgery.

as for the meeting with the surgeon, mine was a different case in that being from out of town, All of my preliminary tests were done in my hometown of Kingston and then my file was sent to HRRH.  I received a call from the Bariatric clinic at the hospital to meet with my surgeon, Dr Hagen and it was during my appointment with Dr Hagen that I first heard of Dr Glazer.  They actually sent me right up to Dr Glazer's office where he fit me in the same day to save me a second trip.

so I can't really answer your question - I can tell you that from the time my file was complete, it was 21 days between when my file was sent to the hospital and my appointment with the surgeon.  From my appointment with the surgeon to my surgery date was 5 weeks.  All in all, quite quick.

All the best

Most Active