iPhone Scam - off topic

White Dove
on 4/23/15 10:02 pm - Warren, OH

If you get a message on your iPhone saying

"http://supportcallnow.com 'warning!! iOS Crash Report' "  Due to a third party application in your phone, iOS crashed.  Contact Support for an immediate fix - 1800-523-2251.

Don't call the number.  It is a scam and they will ask for your credit card information and charge you for "fixing" it.  

Instead go to Settings...Safari...Clear History and Website Data and clear the history and data.   That will get rid of the pop-up

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/23/15 10:49 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

So many people always looking to scam. Now you have people from India calling and say they are the IRS and you owe money so pay now or you will be arrested or they call old people and say they are from Microsoft they get into the persons computer remotely and steal all their banking information. Sad they are so clever they could use those skills to get real jobs.

ChristineB
on 4/24/15 12:05 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

The real sad part of the IRS and Microsoft scam is that many people do not listen to or read any news sources anymore. These two scams have been on/in the news for quite sometime. I have friends and family that live with their heads in the sand. I ask them if they heard this or that on the news and they say NO. I am just so aware of stuff as above because I have worked in law enforcement for 35+ years.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/24/15 1:55 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes people are aware. We had a guy locally who called out the Microsoft guy and he started swearing and making threats against his family. The guy recorded it and they played it on the news.

Joemac9408
on 4/24/15 2:11 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

I had someone call with the microsoft scam.  I told the guy that I only have Apple computers(which wasn't true) and asked if people actually fall for their stupid scam, he hung up on me but not before telling me to f.. my mother.  The sad part is there are many people out there who actually fall for it.  

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/24/15 2:16 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes mostly older people who do not know any better.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1537 views