NSV

jyamiolk
on 4/28/15 5:20 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

I am sure everyone that had WLS has experienced this through the journey but last week was the first time I have flown post surgery. Typically I selecrt stretch seating and a buikhead seat to give me plenty of room. The last time I flew was before WLS and I had to cross my arms and could barely secure the seatbelt. This time I  did not upgrade and selected general seating. When I sat down, there was actually space between me and the seat, my knees were not hitting the back of the seat and the belt had plenty of room to spare. Eventhough I was in coach, I felt like I was in first class. One complaint I had is due to the lack of personal padding and that the seat cushions are lacking some stuffing, My tailbone hurt during the flight. If that is the only discomfort, I will take it. Next time i am bringing an inflatable cushion. 

VSG with DR. Sharp on 10-15-2014

Age 43 Height 5' 10" HW 306 SW 280 CW 185

GW 195

jenorama
on 4/28/15 5:31 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Flying is indeed so much better now.  I used to use a seat belt extender and the first time I flew after losing a significant amount of weight, I left it behind with great reluctance.  Everything was totally fine of course, but in my head I was convinced that I would still need it.  Congratulations to you!  :D

Jen

BabyBlues79
on 4/28/15 5:34 am
VSG on 05/07/15

I'm a newbie what does NSV mean?

Jen H.
on 4/28/15 5:40 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

It means Non-Scale Victory :-)

Jen H.
on 4/28/15 5:43 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Congrats!  It's a great feeling.  The first time I flew after a significant amt of loss, I kept reaching down and feeling the excess belt that I was able to pull.  I just couldn't believe it. 

italianspice
on 4/28/15 11:15 pm - Eastlake, OH

Congrats!

Love nsv's.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1383 views