8 weeks post op RNY and the scale has been yo yo-ing, what am I doing wrong? HELP

Kaydensmomma10
on 5/20/15 9:01 am - Columbus, OH

I don't understand why the scale is doing this, it's driving me crazy. I excercise, eat what I am supposed to. Protein is always atleast 60, water atleast 64 oz and carbs 30g or under. Help!! 

auntmimi
on 5/20/15 9:52 am

Did you take your measurements before surgery? Whenever my scale stops or starts to yo-yo it seems like I lose inches. Just keep to your plan. It happens to the best of us. 

Kathy S.
on 5/20/15 9:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Give your surgeon's office a call and make an appointment to sit down with the support staff.  Bring your food and exercise log so they can see what you are eating and doing.  Make sure you are providing the portion amounts.

Try changing it up.  For example if you eat the same thing for breakfast try something different. If you are biking every day try Zumba or swimming.  Sometimes changing things up will get the scale moving again.

Honestly your body is adjusting to your weight loss, kinda scratching its head and not sure what to do next.  Give it time, change things up and stay the course. Lastly, don't use the scale as the only measure of success. Make sure you are taking pictures every 30 days and tracking your measurements.  I experienced a 9 week stall and knew I was eating right and moving...  I felt good, had great energy and the clothes kept getting bigger so I knew I was on track.

Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jenorama
on 5/20/15 11:28 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

You're only 8 weeks out from surgery.  Keep in mind that as long as you follow your team's plan, it's pretty much impossible for you to gain weight.  Eating on the plan (dense protein, limited carbs) does not allow enough calories to cause a calorie surplus.  Now, if you are sucking down milkshakes and other calorie-dense slider foods, you could gain weight, but I highly doubt you are doing this.

Take a deep breath, relax and trust in physics and the first law of thermodynamics that states that matter cannot be created from nothing.  Keep your eye on your program and you will do great!  :D

Jen

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1510 views