1st post all new to me..

Operationskinny615
on 5/21/15 10:45 am
with

Hey guys!! I'm so new to all of this.. I just had some questions.. I had my consultation through TRue Results On Coit Rd. I just received my blood test back and all were clear.. I'm scheduled to have an EGD next week.. And went ahead and scheduled surgery in June.. My ins will not cover the surgery unless I have the hiatal hernia.. Then it will pay for all but, $3,000.. I have UHC.. I'm just wandering if anyone else has been through the same thing.. In a way I'm kinda praying I have the hernia because I can't afford the whole amount out of pocket.. Any suggestions or comments would be so appreciated.. Thanks so much yall!! 

Kate -True Brit
on 5/21/15 11:31 am - UK

You need to tell us which surgery you plan to have 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Operationskinny615
on 5/21/15 12:32 pm
with

Yeah I guess that is kinda important!! It's the VSG!!! 

Hislady
on 5/21/15 1:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

Google True Results scams and you will see what kind of people you are dealing with. They are basically skirting the insurance companies bariatric policies. You need to make sure your insurance covers bariatrics because if it does not and you end up with even the smallest complication YOU will end up paying for it. They are using the hernia to cover part of the surgical cost but if anything goes wrong your insurance won't cover it at all. These are unscrupulous people who turn their backs on you once the surgery is over and will do nothing to help you once they are done with you!!  They are a chain of WLS scammers making a fortune at your expense!

crystal M.
on 5/21/15 2:00 pm - Joliet, IL

Wow.  I would do what Hislady said to do.  I Googled True Results Scams.  That place doesn't sound good.  They sound horrible.  Good thing we have OH...and we can talk to people and find these things out. 

Operationskinny615
on 5/21/15 2:10 pm
with

Ohhh goodness.. Now I'm stressed out.. It seems like it has been WAY too easy!! The only reason I went with them is because I have two friends who went through the same company and didn't have a single problem and went the exact same route.. To my understanding my insurance will cover the hernia surgery and they just do both at the same time so they can be able to do VSG at a discounted price.. 

hollykim
on 5/21/15 2:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 21, 2015 at 2:10 PM Pacific Time, Operationskinny615 wrote:

Ohhh goodness.. Now I'm stressed out.. It seems like it has been WAY too easy!! The only reason I went with them is because I have two friends who went through the same company and didn't have a single problem and went the exact same route.. To my understanding my insurance will cover the hernia surgery and they just do both at the same time so they can be able to do VSG at a discounted price.. 

what they are doing is called insurance fraud. I wouldn't be a part of that if I were you.

AmyDee123
on 5/21/15 2:56 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I would call your insurance company and discuss this.  find out who THEY recommend.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Valerie G.
on 5/21/15 4:11 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had my DS with UHC and they were very easy to work with 9 yrs ago.  That being said, they will customize plans to the customers requests to save o premiums, and it's common to exclude wls for big savings.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/15 6:36 pm

I have UHC and it paid for my RNY. I had a high deductible and I had to follow a six month diet with supervision of a doctor. I would call your insurance company. 

Best wishes to you.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1454 views